Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am looking at replacement shocks for my 2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock. I really want Fox Racing shocks and have a question (might be retarded) if the Fox Racing 2.0 Evolution series for a 1.5-3.5 inch lift would work on my stock suspension. I know that the ratings are for lifted Jeeps but correct me if I am wrong but the Rubicon is lifted higher than the Sports? I am looking at them and the Performance series IFP for 0-1 inch lift. The reason I ask about the 2.0 Evolution is to price difference. Anyone have any input or experience?

·
Super Moderator
14,528 Posts
All,

I am looking at replacement shocks for my 2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock. I really want Fox Racing shocks and have a question (might be retarded) if the Fox Racing 2.0 Evolution series for a 1.5-3.5 inch lift would work on my stock suspension. I know that the ratings are for lifted Jeeps but correct me if I am wrong but the Rubicon is lifted higher than the Sports? I am looking at them and the Performance series IFP for 0-1 inch lift. The reason I ask about the 2.0 Evolution is to price difference. Anyone have any input or experience?
The longer shocks require additional bump stops to keep them from being damaged when bottomed out. You can add bump stop, but you lose up travel in your suspension to do so. If you aren't lifting, you are best to stay with the stockish length shocks.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I really don't think you will see any improvement by going with the Evolution series Fox shock over the Rubicon shocks that are on your Hard Rock. Sort of a waste of money right now in my opinion.

If you were doing a slight lift then yes you would need new shocks.

I did a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on Fox Performance series shocks....it's really nice.

Why are you wanting to change out just the shocks on your Hard Rock? Maybe look into the Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks if you want to dial in a softer ride or firmer ride

·
Super Moderator
15,370 Posts
All,

I agree with Pressurized. I'd also add that IMO the 2.0 are designed for a heavy, fully armored JK. They would be a little too rough for a stock Jeep.

Also note that Rubicons are not lifted higher than other models (except '13 10A)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts