Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at the fox website for their maintenance and it said every 10k miles to inspect the bushings, heims, and reducers. All I know is the bushings. Could someone point them out to me what they are? Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
48 Posts
What shocks do you have.

Not all of them have heims, that is more of a coil over type mount and would work as your bushing. They are more of a spherical metal bearing.

If you have a standard fox 2.0 keep an eye on your top and bottom bushing. 99% of failure is because they are over tight. As long as you did not impact them on or used a 6' snipe to tighten them you should get a few years out of them.

Keep the shaft clean make sure there is no pitting other wise you will take out the seal and end up with a leaker

Shock boots help but look stupid IMO especially cause fox shock typically run upside down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Reducer would be more for them heim or Johnny joint style aka miss alignment bushing it's like tapered sleeve that sandwiched the heim or bushing

I don't think it applies to you application unless your suspension system is pretty custom.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts