Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with someone from their service dept. and was pretty baffled on what he told me about their warranty policy (by the way, the guy was pretty cool and very apologetic as I understand that the current policy was implemented just recently). A little backstory, bought a 3.5" lift for the wife's JKUR in March which came with Fox 2.0 IFP shocks. Well, 3 of the 4 shocks are leaking and one is completely empty/blown. Purchased this kit from a small dealer and rather than going through the hassle of starting the warranty process through them, thought I'd contact Fox directly.

So, in speaking with the Fox service guy, it looks like if I want to get the shocks replaced/repaired, I will need to take a few pics of the leaking fluid/shocks (which I expected), remove the subject shocks, and then mail them to them on my dime (which I don't think should be my responsibility but not a huge deal) so they can evaluate. Evaluation timeframe takes approximately 7-10 business days from receipt. So I say, "OK, what do I do in the meantime as this is my DD?" It was suggested that I install the stock shocks... I reply, "Can't, they're not compatable with my lift. Can't you send me replacements and I'll return the defective ones or can I give you my CC info so you can charge me for the 3 you would be sending out or if I don't return the defective ones?" Well, according to their policy, nope. The only way to get a replacement is to take the defective shocks off, send them to Fox, and wait. What a load of Horsesh*t. Guess it's time to invest in Bilsteins or Ranchos...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well that's unsettling. What shocks were they? Evo's or performance?
I was planning on Fox when I get my lift. I am not sure what their policy is, never really looked. I would assume at least a year warranty, tho I guess they want to make sure people aren't beating up their products then expecting a replacement automatically. After just 4 months tho, I would thing they'd replace them for you. Good luck..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're 2.0 Performance IFP shocks. They offer a 1 year warranty which is pretty standard I think. I'm not knocking the quality as I've always been a fan of Fox but was surprised to hear that they won't even do anything until I send them out the defective ones first. I would even be willing to purchase new ones if they credit me back once they confirm that they're defective but they didn't want to do that either. So, basically I have a perfectly good vehicle in the garage, undriveable, until they figure things out on their end. Poor customer service if you ask me.

·
OVRLNDR
1,802 Posts
I ran the 2.5 remote reservoir shocks on a show truck I had and the nylon bushing get eaten away by road grime. You will have this problem with every single one of the shocks. Luckily I had duals up front so I had to drive around with one shock until I got it back. I now only run shocks with boots. I think King only offers a 90 day warranty but I have never seen one fail that they didn't take care of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts