Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased my first Jeep few weeks ago. Bought it used with about 36k miles. So far im loving it. After doing much late night browsing of this forum, i am fascinated with what you can do. So i just wanted to start my Thread and get some feedback and opinions.

Im planning on making my first round of purchases soon, but so far this is on my wishlist:

Lift:
JK 4-Door 3" Sport S/T3 Suspension System w/Fox Shocks
Wheels:
Fuel Octane 18" Black
Tires:
35X12.5
Just cant make up my mind. Started thinking about Nittos, then changed my mind to duratrak, then changed my mind to BFG ko2, but now im thinking about Toyo Open Country R/T
Since this is my first jeep, i did purchase it to be my main DD, but if the day comes where i want to do some moderate offroading, I wont have anything holding my back. ( hence the lift i chose rather than coils or budget boost)

Bumpers:
First though of getting the Teraflex Epic bumper w/ hoop kit, but since i dont think i will get a winch, im leaning towards Fab Fours Vengeance Pre-Runner Front Bumper. Since it is a bit lighter and just as sexy.
With whatever front i choose, i will get the same for the rear bumper.

Chip Tuner:
Jeep Flashpaq 3872- Had flahpaq on my truck and loved it, thought i would need something for re-calibration and tiny performance tweaks.

Lighting:
Rigid Radiance 20" Blue Back-Light- I think this will look sick in the integrated bumper.
2 SETS of Rigid Industries Dually D2 LED Light Pair - Driving Pattern, for bumper

Dash:
Alpine i109-WRA 9-inch Apple CarPlay Receiver - whenever this gets released

Misc:
-GRADE 8 HARDWARE KIT
-Opar Roll Bar Grab Handles with Coat Hook for Jeep Wrangler Ultimate
-AntennaX Off-Road
- Tera flex Hinged Carrier and Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit

So thats everything on my mind right now. I'll probably pull the trigger on most of these items in a couple weeks or so. Please let me know if im missing anything that may be a necessity to pair with some of these items. For example, i see a lot of posts with after market brake cables, I'm unsure if i would have to have those are not with the new mods.

I will post my stock photos below. Thanks in advance for your feedback and helping out this JK NEWB. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stock Photos

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Very nice, great looking starting Jeep and great list of mods you have planned! The Toyo's are the heaviest tires on market and I recall some people here said they were tricky to balance, somebody else can chime in if they had no problems with them. As for replacing the brake lines I'm sure the lift you will buy has brake line drop brackets, I replaced mine for 4 inch extended stainless steel lines for function and looks :beerdrinking:. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out :bop:.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually after thinking about it, I'm going back to KO2. I will be making some long road trips and be on the highway 99.9% of the time, also live in PA so will be also dealing with snow. I think the BFG, or Duratrac will be the way to go for me

·
Registered
426 Posts
I sell the Radiance and they are insanely beautiful. You will love! We sold a ton of them last week at the BIG Show East

I see you are from PA...Whereabouts? I am in Old Forge, and work for Keystone Automotive Operations, and we own A&A and A&A Truck and Off Road. I imagine that if you are looking at TeraFlex you may be going through us!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sell the Radiance and they are insanely beautiful. You will love! We sold a ton of them last week at the BIG Show East

I see you are from PA...Whereabouts? I am in Old Forge, and work for Keystone Automotive Operations, and we own A&A and A&A Truck and Off Road. I imagine that if you are looking at TeraFlex you may be going through us!
im in Canonsburg, just ordered my parts from rockridge last week, now just trying to find a place to get it installed without getting ripped. Local shop quoted $180/hr, and local jeep dealer wanted $900 to install just the lift. At these rates, i could just purchase the tools i need and do it myself. Do you know a good reliable place?

Heres whats coming in the mail:
LIFT JK 4-Door 3" Sport S/T3 Suspension System w/Fox ShocksShocks
Bumpers TERAFLEX JK Front Epic Bumper w/Hoop Kit - Center Drum
JK Rear Outback Bumper Kit
Tire Carrier TeraFlex Jeep Wrangler JK 07-Present HD Hinged Carrier and Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit
Lights 1 20" LED Light Bar with harness kit and clamp to mount on bumper
2 3"x3" High Output LED Cube Light with harness and bracket Mount on windshield
Tires 5 35x12.50R18, All-Terrain T/A KO2 *RETAIL w/ D509 Octane wheels, will already be mounted and balanced
Other SPOD Switch control switch system (not ordered yet)
New Grade 8 bolt Kit
Flashpaq

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1/5/16 Update

So heres a little update. Just waiting for the bulk of my upgrades to arrive, and still got to find a reliable place to get it installed.

Installed
• Smittybilt Windshield Mount Light Brackets
• Dual LED Light Harness
• 2 3"x3" High Output LED Cube Light - 5W Philips LED
• 5/8 inch Reciever Lock by Bolt Lock
• Punisher Air Valve Caps ;)
• Smittybilt 27046B Beaver Step
• AntennaX Off-Road (13-inch)
• Opar Roll Bar Grab Handles with Coat Hooks
• DM ASTAR 1200 Lumens LED Fog Lights
• SYLVANIA SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb
Ordered
• 20" LED Light Bar - Double Row - Combo Beam - 5W
• PANDEMIC LED Harness Kit
• Teraflex JK 4-Door 3" Sport S/T3 Suspension System w/Fox
• TeraFlex JK Front Epic Bumper w/Hoop Kit - Center Drum Winch
• Teraflex JK Rear Outback Bumper Kit
• Superchips 3872 Flashpaq Tuner
• Teraflex JK HD Hinged Carrier & Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit
• 18X9 FUEL OCTANE MATTE BLACK
• 35x12.50R18, All-Terrain T/A KO2
• Northridge Grade 8 Bolt Kit

Thinking about
• SPOD
• Alpine i109-WRA 9-inch Apple CarPlay Receiver
• Headlights
• Exhaust (maybe MagnaFlow Performance "Black Series")
• New Intake System
• Line X or something similar on sprayed under jeep

Some Pics, will get better/more once other parts arrive and installed

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So i got all my parts in. I installed front bumper and tire carrier. Will do rear bumper later and hopefully get my lift started this week. Had a couple issues with some Teraflex parts:

Front Bumper:
I grinded down the cross member since the bumper fits real snug. I probably took the bumper on and off 4 times and kept grinding down until it was completely flush, but even then one side still wasnt as bar back as the other side. Anyway, the instructions said i had to drill 1 hole, but only the right side of the bumper had 1 hole that was close enough to align with bumper. But with th position of that hole, there was no way to hold the nut and tighten so i ended up just drilling 3 holes.

Second, i bought a 20" LED light with universal bar mounting clamps. Figured it will work, since Teraflex's model JKU with the exact bumper had the exact setup i was looking for on how to mount the light. But because its 20", the clamp has to go on the angled bar, and could not line up to attach to LED. so i dont know what to do. I emailed Teraflex to see what type of bracket they used to mount their 20" to the bumper.

Tire Carrier:
Everything went okay, but at the end when i put my stock spare on, the thing was so wobbly. It would raddle like crazy. so i took it apart and I added couple layers of duct tape to increase the OD. (See pics Below)

·
Registered
426 Posts
So heres a little update. Just waiting for the bulk of my upgrades to arrive, and still got to find a reliable place to get it installed.

I am sorry I just saw this...

I just now reached out to my sales team to see if there is anyone they recommend out there. The closest location of our retail outfit, A&A is probably in State College.

I should hear from my team today and have some names for you. I can't speak for their rates as compared to what you got.

I just had my LIft Front and rear bumper, Tire Carrier, LED fog lights (in bumper) and winch installed, and with the Misc. parts it cost me a little over $900 as an employee. I really have no Idea what it would have cost if I wasn't.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Try these guys, they do FANTASTIC WORK...and tell them that you know Keystone Kris and Keystone Karen (by proxy) lol. No guarantees as I dont really know them personally but that Karen and Kris at Keystone recommended

Heberling & Beck Auto & Truck  

Address: 3537 US-30, Latrobe, PA 15650
Phone:(724) 539-9533

·
Registered
426 Posts
Try these guys, they do FANTASTIC WORK...and tell them that you know Keystone Kris and Keystone Karen (by proxy) lol. No guarantees as I dont really know them personally but that Karen and Kris at Keystone recommended

Heberling & Beck Auto & Truck  

Address: 3537 US-30, Latrobe, PA 15650
Phone:(724) 539-9533
I have no Idea how the purple sad face emoji got in there...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Put the rear bumper on today and ordered:
-Smittybilt Tailgate Cover; GEAR Tailgate
-RAM mounts Cell Phone Holder, X-Grip
-Jeep Wrangler Front Bumper Pre-Runner 20" LED Bar Bracket

LIFT & TIRES GOING ON TUESDAY!
Heres some pics of todays install:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Coming along very nicely. The bumpers look great!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:atomic::atomic::atomic:BOOM GOES DYNAMITE!:atomic::atomic::atomic:

:iamhappy:​

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
quick UPDATE 3/29
Ordered:
2 of WARN 92093 Epic Shackle 3/4
Daystar D-Ring/Shackle Washer
100 ft of wire loom ;)

Installed:
20" LED w/ new bracket
Sunroadway® Black Front Grill Mesh Grille Insert Kit
Tried installing superchip tuner, having issue with it. Maybe something to do with compustar remote starter. Havent heard back from superchips since thursday.
Smittybilt Tailgate GEAR ( sent TJ model, exchanging for jk)

Next:
Some type of undercarriage rust repair/protectant.
Looking at some rear cargo racks.
Definitely need to regear soon if i cant get this tuner to work. This hills are killing me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks Very Nice!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts