Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was up at Absolute Offroad getting my time slot for the rear geometry correct mod for my LJ, I saw that Jason had done a frame cut and bumper cut on his 2dr... It's already a very exotic build and I thought this really set the front up nicely.

Traditional mount behind it...

His approach angle is now quite high... Just thought I'd share something cool.

·
Super Moderator
16,576 Posts
Agree, very cool!
Do you know if there's a reason he didn't stretch the front to get the same result in approach angle? I would think on a two door that would kill two birds with one stone, longer wheelbase and better approach angle. (other than a stretch being more involved)

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
A few people locally have done that recently with TNT bumpers. One has a Warn EVO 10s winch and they routed the control pack into the rear cargo area.
It does help with the wheeling a lot but also puts everything that much closer to the radiator, etc should there be any accidents.

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree, very cool!
Do you know if there's a reason he didn't stretch the front to get the same result in approach angle? I would think on a two door that would kill two birds with one stone, longer wheelbase and better approach angle. (other than a stretch being more involved)
He's got a full custom triangulated 4 link rear that is significantly stretched. Plus, you can see from the tire location that he is already stretched in the front. His wheelbase matches an LJ but his approach and departures are nearly vertical. It's exactly what he was shooting for. Bordering on buggyish with full body, streetable performance.

I tried to find a recent photo of his Jeep, I'll get a few shots next time I'm up there... This is about 1.5 years ago and still lots of recent updates aren't shown.

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound

·
Super Moderator
16,576 Posts
Very nice!
I'd really like to stretch our 2 door, gotta finish this phase of our 4 door mods first.
Man I wish I had more time and money... :D

EDIT: just noticed the comp cut rear too... *drool

·
Super Moderator
16,576 Posts
Love this. Don't wanna modify frame/ structure on my DD though.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
Never thought I would cut a Jeep in any way, but after the first hack I was hooked LOL
It's addicting once you start chopping on them. I totally see some comp cut rears in my future.

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never thought I would cut a Jeep in any way, but after the first hack I was hooked LOL
It's addicting once you start chopping on them. I totally see some comp cut rears in my future.
It's funny, when I had resigned myself to never finding an LJ Rubicon, I had decided I was going to build a JK about like Jason's. 2 dr's can had cheap enough and while a 4:1 would have been nice, there are ways around it. Since you are replacing all the axles, etc. a Rubicon wasn't important. Bingo, rabbit hole.... I'll admit, the LJ will never be quite as capable as the full JK build would have been, mainly due to approach and departure angles, but it tugged at my heart...

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound
1 - 9 of 9 Posts