Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know what bolts are the frame bolts you reuse to install rock sliders with? they have a washer on them and I know they are metric class 10.9
I removed 1 and went to all of the "bolt specialty" and hardware stores in my area and couldn't find it for the life of me..

I have 3 really bent bolts on my driver side due to attaching to my rock slider to do a emergency recovery...

Thank you..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeep Dealer?
I was hoping to find grade 8 of those bolts instead of the factory ones that seem weak. If I cant find them soon, I will be heading to the dealer..

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Go to a bolt house (Not Lowes or Home Depot). And you want grade 10.9 (metric equiv. of SAE Grade 8)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to a bolt house (Not Lowes or Home Depot). And you want grade 10.9 (metric equiv. of SAE Grade 8)
Where can I find a bolt house?

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
Try Home | Fastenal and see if they have a store near you. If they don't have it in stock, you can see if they can order it.

If you don't have one by you, ask a good mechanic or contractor where they go for high grade bolts. There are a lot of mom and pop companies usually in the industrial areas, but finding them by yellow pages seems impossible. I got my winch hardware at such a place and had no idea it existed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts