Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing my frame repair this weekend and on the driver side rear by the rear bumper the frame is completely gone. i need to know the inside diameter of the shackle bushing sleeve that goes through the frame. I have searched the forum all over and can't seem to find this dimension any where. thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
12,688 Posts
If I were you I would search around for a new pre-assembled frame section. I can't imagine you can make one as cheap as buying one if you count your time.

I haven't had to deal with a rusted frame so other posters will have to chime in with the names and locations of where to buy them.

If you do make your own, perhaps some forum member has a frame with the shackles out.
Perhaps you could remove one of your front shackles and measure the hole.

Good Luck, L.M.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Safe-t-Caps...worked really well for me...My suspension is now installed so I cant get a measurement...sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I'm sorry I do not know the size but I'm sure if up look up a lift kit it will tell what size bolts come with the kit and it is the larger ones that go thought the frame I think there 9/16" but not SURE!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I am doing my frame repair this weekend and on the driver side rear by the rear bumper the frame is completely gone. i need to know the inside diameter of the shackle bushing sleeve that goes through the frame. I have searched the forum all over and can't seem to find this dimension any where. thanks in advance...
Earlier yj late cj 1in bushing. Later yj 1.25 the 1.25 i ordered last week doing frame repair were actual 1.38. Little manipulation little vaseline.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Greetings from central NY! I now have a '93 YJ with the typical frame rot. Getting ready to tackle the fix. I'm trying to figure out the proper location for the rear shackles. Could any of you tell me the center point of the shackle bushing? Mine are GONE! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts