Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday first warm day here I took the hard top off and put on the soft top. Picking up the dropped bolt I noticed a larger round hole in the frame by the rear tire stuck my finger in there and it is full of road grime from the winter. My thoughts are to take it to local do it yourself car wash and use the high pressure spray to clean out.
Is there anything I need to be aware of when doing this?
Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I usually move it around through different holes to work all the angles to get everything out, then I run a hole through it to flush it. But, I also have small holes drilled under neath the frame to let the sand and other small particles to run out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Can you share photos of where this hole is drilled and how you drilled it? Is the frame "closed" at the rear of the car? I put the water hose in one of the holes to clear out some sand but water never came out, what the heck!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Water will come out but not everything will exit. In the pic below the black lines show where the holes were drilled. They are on the bottom of the frame in the center drilled far enough from the control arm bracket and original drain holes. There are lots of threads on this topic. If you need any more help, let me know i might be able to grab some better pictures. I usually have the rear end jacked up so everything drains better.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
To be clear, I drilled these new holes underneath so no water would stay in the frame and cause any harm. i also have the inside painted. It makes cleaning/flushing it easier too. And PO, I know what hole your talking about i think. The one on the rear of the frame by the tire. Its a full circle where its big enough to put a hose into it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Water will come out but not everything will exit. In the pic below the black lines show where the holes were drilled. They are on the bottom of the frame in the center drilled far enough from the control arm bracket and original drain holes. There are lots of threads on this topic. If you need any more help, let me know i might be able to grab some better pictures. I usually have the rear end jacked up so everything drains better.
I would certainly appreciate photos of the holes. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
here ya go, these are right after the control arm(# 5 in the pic above) and under the body mont(#6)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts