Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most of my frame is pretty much shot to shit with all the rust on it. Its falling apart and want to just fully replace the frame. I could not find any on craigslist.

So was wondering where on the internet i can find a good rust free frame for cheap. I don't have all that much money to spend i did find one but it cost $2,500 and not looking to spend that much.

Also was looking at replacing the floor of my tub with diamond plate not sure how i am going to do that one though...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Keep searching craigslist and eBay. There are a few frames in the Pittsburgh area...but I don't think that helps you. I paid $700 for a rust free frame that was also bed lined. The seller threw in parts he had left from a project. The cost of the extra parts was about $300...so in reality I paid $400 for the frame. That is about the going price for a good frame in my area. Also, the 4cyl and 6cyl frames are different. The engine mounts are in different locations.

·
Registered
329 Posts
When I bought my last Jeep, I looked into a great priced TJ that had a shot frame. My thought was that if I could figure out how to fix the frame, I would have an excellent deal on a six cylinder TJ, ($3K). After consulting with my good friend google, what I found was that you essentially have to tear down your Jeep, piece by piece, and then rebuild it onto the new frame. Way past my skill set. If you do a google search you can find those same threads. If it's beyond your skill set, I would say raid your Jeep for the best parts, sell it, and then buy a Jeep with a better frame. The fall and winter are right around the corner and prices will drop a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts