Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first Jeep ever. It is a 1989 YJ and I am loving it. It came with a lot of work already done to it but it definitely could use some more work. This first thing I need to work on is the back part of the frame. As the pictures will show, there is a large amount of rust. My question is has anyone ran into this problem and what have they done to fix it? All help will be very much appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yeah man I hope you know how to weld. That scaling tells me that rust is pretty bad. You have some major repairs to do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My '91 was just like that. I ordered the parts from Saf-T-Cap also, but, my welding skills weren't up to the call, so had 4wheel parts do it. All fixed and almost like new.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I will check out the site. Also I am lucky I work in a shop with about 10 Welders and 2 of them are Jeep guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Safe T Cap is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. Does anyone know the dimensions for the design Safe T Cap uses because I have access to a Water Jet and metal so I would prefer to make my own

1 - 10 of 10 Posts