Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was looking around my frame and noticed this spot of cancer on my d side rear frame just in front of the shackle. I plan on putting a 4inch zone lift along with boomerang shackles in the near future should I buy the weld on replacement pices or what? Thanks!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got the same problem as you, just worse and on the passenger side...i bought the pre bent piece from quadratec, and ill be welding it on this week once i have access to the plasma cutter at school.so i can cut the old stuff out...ill try to remember to put some pics up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Update, Im just about done with my frame repair. I had to cut down that new piece a quarter inch or so in some places but it fit on perfectly. I cut out all the old frame with a plasma cutter (a die grinder or something similar will be fine if you don't have a cutter, just a PITA). I'm almost done welding the new piece on...unfortunately, since I'm doing it at the autoshop at my school theres only so much time in a day, so I gotta wait til Monday to finish it...I'll throw in a few pics of what it looked like before and after I cut it out...hope this helps, pics of the finished product to come on Monday!

Tire Automobile repair shop Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part

Rust Auto part

Auto part Rust

Rust Auto part

Auto part Vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts