Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered today I have some frame rot going on. The skid plate is completely disconnected on my passenger side and there are a few holes. Does anyone know of any shops in Wisconsin that does frame repair? I live Between Wausau and Stevens Point. I'd rather not have to travel too far, maybe an 1 to 1.5 hours tops.

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you can weld, then look into Safe T Caps frame replacement parts from autorust technicians. Or if you can find a shop locally to do it with the frame replacement parts, go that route. Don't try to drive it please, I work at a shop and this guy came in with nothing as a frame, and wanted us to patch it and put a lift on it. We are now currently doing a frame swap on it. Good luck hoss.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pat. I think that is the route I'm going. I know some guys with welders I could use and I did a lot of looking at the safe t caps. Most of it isn't bad enough to use them, but while I'm down there I might as well just get it all done with at once.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Bought a 98 Sport in December. Had it in for a lift and the frame was rotted. Dealership gave me 1700 dollars towards the frame swap. Guy at the shop told me that i was lucky i didn't get killed in it!! Should have it back next month......Good Luck to you!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I know its too far for you but I had my frame fixed at a shop in Theresa, WI. Did decent work, had both rear end caps fixed and the nuts for the skid plate replaced. Cost me about 600

1 - 6 of 6 Posts