Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 YJ with a hardtop and full hard doors. I want to get a frameless soft top to use with my full doors as well as with half doors with soft uppers. I wanted to know if anyone here knows if the frameless tops could work with both. Please post pics if you have one. Thanks

·
[]D [] []V[] []D
698 Posts
Was looking at the frameless top also. Was looking on autoanything.com and there rampage top shows pics with halfdoors
Should work great full or half door, got my Rampage Frameless from summitracing that's the best price I found around.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Rampage has a frameless soft top in the works for a YJ, but at this point they're only offering it for the TJ (and LJ in a couple of weeks).

The problem with a top that will fit both as the op was asking about is that the full doors have a curve at the upper portion of the door and the soft top is at a near right angle (unless you're running the Supertop).

Currently the only manufacturer of a YJ frameless top is a company called Softtopper out of Colorado.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Frameless soft-top

The frameless soft-tops are held up by the family style roll bar used on YJ's I think since 1991; for this reason they have more of a fastback look. The door corners are rounded. They are pretty slick, I have a Softopper on my 1994.

I live in Ely, Minnesota and I have had the Softopper on all winter so far in temps to 38 below zero (not wind chill) and we currently have three plus feet of snow on the ground. A soft-top has been no problem. I have not missed that hard top even one day.

If you search on this web site there are pictures and questions/answers.

Enjoy

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow sounds like a much better deal then the frame. I've had my 95 YJ since april 2010. I took the top off then. It didn't go back on until oct. Long story but jeep was in garage from april to oct being worked on. took me 1 hour and 3 tries to get it back on. Lot of swearing and a couple knuckle scraps. Sounds like the slighted back is also an improved look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts