Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Quick question: will a frameless top fit under the factory soft top? I had heard that the regular soft top (with frame and everything ) could be installed underneath the hard top, so I was kind of hoping the frameless would be the same. Would be nice. Anyone know?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Nope. At least not attached. As the attachment points are covered by the hard top. It would hang like curtains. Or, block the access to the back of the jeep.

Bob K

EDIT: and the Nope is for the stock and the frameless.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. At least not attached. As the attachment points are covered by the hard top. It would hang like curtains. Or, block the access to the back of the jeep.

Bob K

EDIT: and the Nope is for the stock and the frameless.
Gotcha. I am not a big fan of the hardtop, but my wife enjoys it, so it's here to stay. Guess I'll just invest in a bikini top and cargo cover for the spring and summer...

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
The factory soft top used to come installed under the hard top. Pretty sure they stopped doing that because you're not supposed to keep it that way. People were told to take their new Jeep home, remove the hard top, remove the soft top, and put the hard top back on. Needless to say, a lot of work to do on your first day owning a Jeep.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The factory soft top has a frame and attaches differently. If it fits like a Supertop (which I think it does), it will fit under the hardtop collapsed. I don't know why you would, it makes accessing the back very awkward and uses up a bunch of space. And in a 2-door, space is at a premium already.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The factory soft top has a frame and attaches differently. If it fits like a Supertop (which I think it does), it will fit under the hardtop collapsed. I don't know why you would, it makes accessing the back very awkward and uses up a bunch of space. And in a 2-door, space is at a premium already.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Can't have best of both worlds, I suppose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts