Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going with a frameless top. 05 TJ. Northwest Texas. Few highway miles. Mostly back country roads. Full doors. I like being able to store windows in the top. What do you all think?? Pros and cons

·
Registered
491 Posts
My Jeep has a Frameless. I love the look of it. No leaking issues, seems very stable and strong.

I do envy how easily the people with the SuperTop can drop the top and erect the top however. But Maybe I just need more practice with my Frameless.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got a Rampage Frameless top. Very happy with it. Only problem is that when you store the windows in it there is a big Hump which looks silly riding around. I actually removed them and stored them under my bed.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I've got a trektop nx and absolutely love it...sold a two piece hardtop and replaced it with this.

The only possible "con" i can think of is that if you dont have a garage and live somewhere with snow, you arent able to scrape windows. I have a garage and havent had a problem with it but thats the only thing i could think of...although that holds true for all soft tops

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I'm installing a Softopper this weekend and can give you a quick review in the next few days.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Softopper user here, I like it its easy to throw on when for rainy days, remove on dry days.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
ubuyifly, see this post below... before buying my softopper I read hundreds of threads and this was the reoccurring sentiment.....

Softopper user here, I like it its easy to throw on when for rainy days, remove on dry days.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
My 2 cents... I had a rampage and hated it. It leaked in 3 different spots, and to be honest the window storage bag is a joke. Some will disagree but there customer service was kind of lacking too.

I returned it for a bestop nx and so far I'm happy with it. Much better quality material and craftsmanship. There's a reason Jeep uses them as OE equipment. And the flip open sunrider feature is a big plus.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
Softopper here, storage for the windows above the front seats, sailcloth, made in US, comes complete with everything needed, goes on or off in about 5 minutes, all parts are available from the manuf. if necessary, comes in 4 different colors and seam sealer is provided with the top, just in case.

My only complaint to date is that if you're in safari mode, the rear straps will loosen after a couple of hours at speed (60 - 65).

http://www.softopper.com/Jeep-Wrangler-TJ-Canvas-SoftTop.aspx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts