Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sick of looking at kits that have this and not that, this company makes a bad that that but this is really good from them. Show me a tell all of your Frankenlift, whether it's to the extreme or to the mild. In my situation, I'm looking for 33's with a move to 35's in the future and I want my lift done and out of the way. Make this a resource for those looking to build their own Frankenlift too. Thanks all, may the jeep be with you....

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Started out with a 4" superlift. 4" coils, 1" tcase drop and 35s. The coils have held up pretty well in the 3 years I have owned it, not entirely sure how old they are.

Since I bought it I have put in a rubi dana44, 4.56 gears, metalcloak adjustable control arms (8), and track bars. Savvy under armor. Rubicon express axle brackets, currie antirock, revolution gear and axle chromos, bilstien shocks, rear arb, JB supershort SYE, and custom DC driveshaft (local source).

Sitting in a garage to add: new dana30 with arb, currie skids, and alloy chromos. All just to to run 35s:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
- 4.25" Rubicon Express Springs
- Savvy Aluminum Short Control Arms
- Bilstein Front 5100s
- Fox Rear 2.0s
- Currie Trackbar
- Front Antirock
- 1" BL

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
3" BDS front springs
2" BDS rear springs
1.25" BL
1.5" MML
Fox 2.0 shocks
front Antirock
front and back MC track bars
Savvy aluminum arms
UCF UHC skid
1" steering riser
novak shifter cable
tattoon driveshaft
PS aluminum negative XC defenders

the last few arent necessarily suspension based, but necessary with the mods performed

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I started with a Rubicon Express 4 1/2 inch superflex short arm lift, with extreme duty front track bar, with double shear drop bracket and drop pitman arm, adjustable rear track bar and CV bracket, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Tom Woods long travel rear driveshaft, Teraflex rear shock relocation brackets, Stainless steel extended brake hoses, 4 inches of bump stop, 315/75-16 BFG mud terrains on stock Moab wheels, with 1.5 inch Performance Wheel and Tire spacers, ZJ Steering, Rancho 5000 steering stabilizer and front and rear diff guards. Since mine's an automatic, I fabricated a new driver's side mounting arm for the tranny skid.

After replacing the rubber bushings in the RE control arms 3 times in 15k miles, I upgraded all 8 control arms to Rokmen adjustable arms. Since the front track bar hit the diff cover, I replaced it with a Currie adjustable track bar and returned the pitman arm to stock. I also replaced my modified tranny skid with a Rokmen engine/tranny skid, and I upgraded my axle shafts to Alloy USA shafts front and rear.

Other upgrades to the Jeep include: Jeeperman rear bumper with swing-away tire carrier, 20 lb CO2 tank and mounting bracket, Crime Stopper brand seat heaters, Viper alarm with proximity sensor, Bestop 2 piece soft doors (still have full factory hard doors) older style TJ mirrors with mounting brackets for use when soft doors are installed, Warn 9000 lb winch with Warn winch plate and hoop, Clover Patch window roll, Kenwood head unit and upgraded speakers.

·
Registered
808 Posts
2" Old Man Emu HD coil springs
1.75" Rubicon Express coil spacer in the front to level it out
Old Man Emu shocks
Savvy Offroad Under Armor
Savvy Offroad Rear Upper Adjustable Control Arms
1.25" JKS body lift
Metalcloak Track Bars front and rear
JKS sway bar disconnects up front
Zone extended sway bar links in the rear
2" bumpstops
35" MTR's

Definitely spend the money up front for quality parts. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2" Old Man Emu HD coil springs
1.75" Rubicon Express coil spacer in the front to level it out
Old Man Emu shocks
Savvy Offroad Under Armor
Savvy Offroad Rear Upper Adjustable Control Arms
1.25" JKS body lift
Metalcloak Track Bars front and rear
JKS sway bar disconnects up front
Zone extended sway bar links in the rear
2" bumpstops
35" MTR's

Definitely spend the money up front for quality parts. Buy once, cry once.

I'm not going to lie I was waiting anxiously for your post clutch :worthy: , I love the set up you have it looks great and I know you know your stuff haha!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm not going to lie I was waiting anxiously for your post clutch :worthy: , I love the set up you have it looks great and I know you know your stuff haha!
LOL thanks. Most of the knowledge I have learned from the other members on here...and by putting the wrong parts on a lot of jeeps.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
The lift depends on what you are going to do. Pro Crawlers are "Extreme Builds," and most are trailered to and from the trail. Some are "Tough Builds," and are mainly to impress the others in the trail group Baddest Boy On The Block! And one like mine is so when I do trail I'm not left on the trail broke down or the last one in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The lift depends on what you are going to do. Pro Crawlers are "Extreme Builds," and most are trailered to and from the trail. Some are "Tough Builds," and are mainly to impress the others in the trail group Baddest Boy On The Block! And one like mine is so when I do trail I'm not left on the trail broke down or the last one in.
What do you run then friend? You sound like you worked hard to find a middle ground, be interested to hear about the specifics.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Take a look at Savvys newish mid length kit.

Reactions: Clutch

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Pretty impressive lift. I wheel with a member and his rig seems to casually walk over anything.

To my first post in this thread, I built mine knowing its also a DD. Its comfortable going down the highway to the trails, handles well on the trail, and will show up for work the next day. I've put it thru some rough trails. Once I retire it from being a DD, it will see some of the harder trails CO has to offer.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Those lifts are awesome. A few of the guys that I wheel with have it installed and they absolutely love them. They perform really well and ride on the road nicely. Definitely something I would go for if building a Jeep from scratch. I havent met a person yet who doesnt like theirs.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Those lifts are awesome. A few of the guys that I wheel with have it installed and they absolutely love them. They perform really well and ride on the road nicely. Definitely something I would go for if building a Jeep from scratch. I havent met a person yet who doesnt like theirs.
I have their short arm kit and like it. I have heard nothing but good on the mid kit to include road manners. Mine is a DD but it won't be forever and when she is no longer a DD, it will be time to add to the build.

I plan on contacting Savvy to discuss the mid kit and D60 compatibility. I would think it can be done but since there are trusses in the mid kit, I would need to understand how ahead of time. If anyone knows this info, please feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have their short arm kit and like it. I have heard nothing but good on the mid kit to include road manners. Mine is a DD but it won't be forever and when she is no longer a DD, it will be time to add to the build.

I plan on contacting Savvy to discuss the mid kit and D60 compatibility. I would think it can be done but since there are trusses in the mid kit, I would need to understand how ahead of time. If anyone knows this info, please feel free to chime in.
I also have their short arm kit and it is great. Big upgrade to my previous RE control arms. I love short and mid arm kits as they dont hang you up on obstacles. Had a guy on the last Meet and Greet here get hung up on his long arms on an obstacle I just climbed. Same line and everything.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Pretty impressive lift. I wheel with a member and his rig seems to casually walk over anything.
It's boring to watch. The Jeep just goes up and over. Most of the time... :)

Savvy Mid Arm 3/4 link
Old Man Emu fronts with spacers
Currie rears with spacers
Old Man Emu shocks
Superior front axle shafts
Savvy skid
Antirock front
Currie steering
Metalcloak front track bar
33s
Many little things

I have more spring and shock work planned and maybe 35s. In the end, it will be mostly Savvy and Currie stuff, but very little will be an off the shelf kit.

Like tworley, this is my daily driver.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts