Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want thank everyone for all the information people share on this forum. I am about to order my first jeep in the next few weeks and just deciding between a few things including color, either Mojave or rhino. Was wondering if there were any other major differences in the Freedom Edition from the other models besides the stickers? It doesn't seem as though many people order them. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I think the Freedom Edition gets unique seats? Probably some other trim pieces are different colors too.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Inexplicably, the Freedom Edition (along with the Black Bear) is currently unavailable for factory order. Things might change for the February allocation when order banks reopen on 2/11, but sources say the Freedom Edition is scheduled to be done with production in February -- and ordering only opened in October!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks very proud of my Jeep but befire the wheels and Tires was the cheapest on the lot in jku and that reminds me they come stock with better rims and tires here is what it looked like becire the lift and tires. This is stock

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those seats are nice. Is there any differences with the way it drives? From what I understand the Willys has different shocks and drives a little different.

I thought the jeep dealer told me a few days ago that you could order a freedom edition but I will have to check again. Originally I wanted the black bear but I missed out on that one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am sending my invoice with all the options, I didn't see anything on there about shocks, it drives like a dream. Then again I have always had lifted trucks that are rough riding. Also I like the color match fenders. Not sure what slush matts come the others but the ones in my jeep are crazy cool look like they took a mud tire and skinned it and mad it into a matt. I will take a picture in the morning. It wouldn't let me send the invoice pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree with Xxxscope. This I some of the nicest editions. The seats are probably one of the better looking ones. It's a mix of leather and cloth but they look really slick.

I have a 2015 Freedom edition and I'm constantly getting compliments from friends and strangers on the road and I have not done any major modifications from the stock options it came with.

There are a bunch of cool smaller upgrades this edition comes with from the rim color, taillight guard, gas cap door, same color fenders as the body, grill color, and other details. Check out the sticker that Xxxscope posted. It gives you a rundown of everything it includes. And it you decide the soft top option it comes with the premium soft top. The standard freedom edition package is extremely cool even before making any mods.

Plus it's a unique edition that you don't see constantly the road. It have a cool military look.

I went into the dealership with something else in mind and drove off with the freedom edition. I do not have a single regret. Best decision I could've made.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. It seems like a good option. I noticed they got rid of the star on the seat and added Oscar Mike. I don't love that but I suppose I would get used to it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You dont even see the oscar mike, but I agree thr star is much cooler. When I was at the dealership I stayed away from mine cause just looking I saw all the upgrades and figured it was insane in price

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my Freedom Edition, it a basic sport edition as far as gears and shocks, but the "luxury" upgrades are nice.
Are you sure? I just purchased a Freedom Edition, mine is taller than other sports I have parked next to. My shocks are red as well, where as plain sports seem to have black shocks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is yours a '16 or did you but ti second hand? My shocks are basic, black shocks. Maybe something changed on the newer editions. Mines a '15 by the way.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts