Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WF,
We have a 2015 Sahara 2 door with the freedom hard top. I took the panels off when it was warm a few days ago and after reinstalling them the left one makes noise. It seems the seals might need lube or perhaps I didn't get them on correctly. It seems simple; however, I have reinstalled them again without correcting the problem.

Thoughts?

We bought the Jeep for my wife and she loves it so far. Looking forward to installing the soft top soon.
Dgunn

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have had that happened and found it to be the black turn latches I have moved them a bit to stop the rattle and also put a bit of silicone in the area of those latches

·
Registered
4,000 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
had the same thing happen.

took them off again and wiped down the seals with this

08798-9013 Honda Shin-Etsu Grease

when i reinstalled i followed a suggestion on this board:

sit in the seat and lift the panel straight up and then set them straight down.

helped a lot, not 100% but much better.

ba

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Is it a rattling noise or more of a wind noise? If it rattles, try tightening the screws in the sound bar. If its gotten cooler since you put them back on they could have contracted, thus making them loose. Happens to me often.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
It is possible to tighten the tops too much. You might have to experiment a little to get the proper seal.
Maybe, but I don't use the screws at all and I don't have any wind noise issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the response. I did follow the order as stated in the instructions, however I could have them too tight. It was more along the the left outer edge, just a popping kind of rattle over any rough pavement. Not a big deal but just different than it was. And yes; read what? I will pull out the manual and look at it. there could be some interesting information in there.. : )

We had a 98 TJ many years ago but I have to say I like this 2015. I cant wait to remove the top and install the soft top.

Thanks to all

dgunn

·
Registered
16 Posts
The first time I took them off and put them back on I could hear an air leak in the top why driving. I readjusted the tops and it did not help. After two days the noise stopped. The second time I removed the tops and reinstalled them they had an air leak for about a day then stopped on their own. I guess the gasket reseals its self over time.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have a very slight "creak/pop" at low speed on rough roads that goes away if I loosen the passenger side bolt/screw just enough. Seems to be more related to the cold than anything, it didn't do it in warm weather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts