Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any known issues with removing the two freedom panels and driving at highway speeds? Just curious if this will damage the rest of the hard top because I would think it would act like a parachute.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
It's a bigger issue with the soft top, which can be halfway folded back in the "sunrider" postion. In that case, Jeep recommends the rear window be removed or at least partially unzipped. With the hard top however, I've never heard of it being any kind of a problem.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Jeep engineered it to be able to be open that way. I would guess that there would have been some complaints by now if it was causing failures. Mine work fine.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I've driven hundreds of miles with the front panels removed and the back part still on. No problems.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Me too, in fact I take only the drivers side off if I'm in a rush and run 1/2 open. Works great. I drive ALL THE TIME with just two off,,,,,zero issues, in fact the dog loves it as he rides in the back..

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts
Fantastic! No good place to put the hard top yet, but tomorrow in the low 60s for the ride to work, first time I'll be taking my front panels off! Yay! Baby steps...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts