Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on purchasing a 4x8 shed and want to be sure the freedom top will fit vertically on a purchased or DIY stand.

If you have a top on a stand, could you reply back with the type you have and the height of the roof on the stand?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Is the shed 4x8xwhat? whats the height of the shed assuming 4x8 is the length and width...and I also assume when you say Freedom top you are referring to the whole top or just the Freedom panels?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I was expecting interested readers to click the link, the shed has 8' walls. I'm referring to the large rear portion of the top, when standing on the read end (rear window).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi - I have the Quadratec hard top stand. While it does the job, I must say I was a little disappointed in what I got for $200. It basically three carpeted pieces of 1x6 pine with wheels. Something I could have easily built for probably under $50. Yes, I probably save some time, but not that much time as it takes a little time to assemble. As for the height, you will definitely be under 8' when it's on the stand. If you need an exact measurement, let me know and I will measure it tonight.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actual Exterior Width (Feet) 8.125
Actual Exterior Length (Feet) 4.125
Actual Exterior Peak Height (Feet) 7.291
Door Opening Width (Inches) 64
Door Opening Height (Inches) 70

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the door width at 64" and height at 70" my first question is does the combination of the roof on the wheeled stand fit thru the door?

If not, then would the combined height still be under the average interior height of 7'?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Is the shed 4x8xwhat? whats the height of the shed assuming 4x8 is the length and width...and I also assume when you say Freedom top you are referring to the whole top or just the Freedom panels?
ha sorry - missed the link - I have mine in my garage on a stand like the Quadratech one mentioned below except I built it myself from scrap wood and carpet - I will measure it all when I get home tonight - but I am guessing you wont get it through those shed doors even off a stand - but I will measure later none the less -

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I just measured and mine is 74 inches tall...my cart has two inch wheels built with 2x4's - add the carpet and its about a 5 inch tall cart - might be tough getting it through that shed door

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So if the cart was really a trap sitting on the floor, and 2 people can carry, tilt, the roof thru the door, it *could* stored within this shed design.

Being so tight does beg for a slightly larger opening though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts