Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Wrangler...used great condition but it didn't come with the freedom bag.

Looking at them maybe I could just wrap them in a,blanket...do the bags protect the covers and can you store them on the side instead of behind therear seat. It's a 4 door ...thanks

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
FWIW, I almost never put my panels in the bag. Usually I just lay one white side down in cargo area, then lay bag on top, and put second panel on top of that black side down...

Joe

·
Registered
221 Posts
FWIW, I almost never put my panels in the bag. Usually I just lay one white side down in cargo area, then lay bag on top, and put second panel on top of that black side down...

Joe
Same here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well looks like the bag would be a waste of money...I can store them in the cargo area with a comforter separating the panels...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Putting the panels in that bag is like a sobriety test.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a Wrangler...used great condition but it didn't come with the freedom bag.

Looking at them maybe I could just wrap them in a,blanket...do the bags protect the covers and can you store them on the side instead of behind therear seat. It's a 4 door ...thanks
I always use the freedom bag. The main perk is the strap that keeps the top panels vertical against the back seat. This allows you to use the cargo area with limited obstruction.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
I'd use the bag, don't want those panels sliding around.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I use the bag. Getting the panels in it was a pain the first few times, but you start to get the hang of it after that. Straps them in behind the rear seat to minimize the space they eat up.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
The MOPAR bag can be tight, I found it really inconvenient to use and it was wearing the foam weatherstrips on the corners. I picked up the rampage bag, much easier to use. It does use much more space though if that is an issue for you.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
The MOPAR bag can be tight, I found it really inconvenient to use and it was wearing the foam weatherstrips on the corners. I picked up the rampage bag, much easier to use. It does use much more space though if that is an issue for you.
Seconded, I have the Rampage bag too. Works great.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I dont understand why ppl are having such issues. its really not that hard... lay the bag flat while u do it...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I keep a tie down strap in the back and use it to hold the tops against the back seat. I just hook the tie down ends to the headrests. I've been wheeling in Moab and Grand Junction with the tops like that. No scratches and it leaves room for my dog in the back still.

·
Registered
190 Posts
x4 on rampage bag and strapping it to the seat back. Works great for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
x5 on the Rampage bag.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont understand why ppl are having such issues. its really not that hard... lay the bag flat while u do it...
Do you have,the Rampage bag or the Mopar bag. I think I will get the rampage... It can t be that hard,to put,the panels in...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Do you have,the Rampage bag or the Mopar bag. I think I will get the rampage... It can t be that hard,to put,the panels in...
I use the mopar one that came with the jeep. There's even directions inside that tell you exactly how to put the panels in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts