Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2014 JKU new and when reading the full owner's manual, I saw a reference to a carry case for the two front portions of the Freedom Top. The manual said these come with the top.

Did anyone get the case I mentioned? When I asked my dealer about it, they said if it's not on the invoice sticker, it's an accessory I have to purchase. They also said it was standard with the top a few years ago, but that Jeep stopped including then with the Freedom Tops.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The 2014 users manual very clearly states "vehicles equipped with a freedom top modular hard top, come with a freedom top storage bag". I'd press the issue. In my experience it's not usual for items like this to become 'misplaced'.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My jeep came with the bag and I just double checked the sticker and it does not say anything about a bag, it just says body colored freedom hard top. I'd say your dealer lost it and doesn't want to have to order one on their own dime.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Did anyone get the case I mentioned?
Yes, I got one with my 2013 JK. I don't know if it was standard or if it came with some package. I do know it takes up a bit of room when folded so it's never in the Jeep when I decide to take off the top panels. I just try to place the panels in the back so they won't shift around much. The only scratches I've noticed so far are from branches while trail riding.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The bag was included with the 2014 JKU Sport that I purchased yesterday. And I'm happy to report that both panels fit perfectly :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Just picked up a 14 JKU and the sales man made sure we knew about the bag in the trunk for the tops. Matter of fact I used it today when I took the Freedom panels off.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If they want to pay dumb and not cough it up. Log into jeep.com as an owner and connect to a service person through chat. You can probably call them, but I did the chat from work while working. Explain it wasn't provided and the dealer claims you have to purchase it separately if you want one. They will most likely open a case and resolve the issue for you.

Worked for me with my tow strap kit for my jkurx.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Just call Chrysler customer service and ask them to open a case. Your dealer is either uninformed or lying. You are due a freedom top case. No question about it.

Do not take 'no' for and answer.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I got one with my 2014 Rubicon, it should be included.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The case came with my 2014 JK, call the dealer. Like everyone else said, it comes standard with your hardtop.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My 14 didn't have one when I test drove it. I asked the dealer where it was and he said they take them out all the time for different reasons and he would pull one from another Jeep for me. Which he did. Make sure you get one because they really come in handy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll have a talk with the sales manager and let him know he has the option of making it right or letting corporate make it right for him. I'll update the thread as things progress.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
did you check under the rear storage area? that is where both my 13 and 14 were.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Damn, I bought a Rampage off Amazon for $70

1 - 20 of 48 Posts