Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for Freedom Tops to "sweat" if there is moisture build-up in the car? I have two dogs and when the windows get fogged up when it's snowing, the Freedom Top panels seem to "sweat." I would assume this is fairly normal, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Have not experienced what you have described in my 2014 JKUS.

Is your HVAC on recirc?

Sounds like that might be the issue.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Top is not insulated. The HVAC is on recirc, but this only happens when I have wet, panting dogs in the car with the heat on, when it's snowing.

I have a waterproof cover on the back seat, but dogs shake and get the interior damp so there is some moisture sitting in the car.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Top is not insulated. The HVAC is on recirc, but this only happens when I have wet, panting dogs in the car with the heat on, when it's snowing.

I have a waterproof cover on the back seat, but dogs shake and get the interior damp so there is some moisture sitting in the car.
Turn the A/C on and switch from recirc to 'fresh air'.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Condensation on the inside of a vehicle is a sign of moisture inside the vehicle. Wranglers are known for poor seals soaking the carpets. But no doubt wet dogs would qualify as wet, breathing, carpet-clad moisture sources. Get rid of the moisture sources to get rid of the condensation issues. Short answer; No, it shouldn't be happening, under normal conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts