Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 14 jku it's only about two months old and it's been in some bad rain and never had a problem but today I got in to go to the super market and when I had to break hard a ton of water started to pour in right from were the front latch is, it looks like it's coming in right in the front spot were the two panels meet the wind shield frame and since it's only leaking when I hit the breaks and slow down ( gotta be a hard break) I'm guessing it's pooling or something anyone else having this problem

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think I recall a thread here where someone had a cracked freedom top panel. If there's a crack in the front driving in rain could push water inside the top... braking would slosh it forward and out. I'd suggest taking it to the dealer.

You can confirm the problem by removing the panels, should be obvious if either has water in it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
^ x2. I vaguely remember some thread about somehow the Freedom Tops being able to get water inside of them - shouldn't happen so soon, I would think, but if something goes wrong seems like it's a definite possibility. Let the dealer check it out - don't see why it wouldn't be covered, unless it was cracked due to owner error ( not accusing, just stating )

·
Registered
830 Posts
^ x2. I vaguely remember some thread about somehow the Freedom Tops being able to get water inside of them - shouldn't happen so soon, I would think, but if something goes wrong seems like it's a definite possibility. Let the dealer check it out - don't see why it wouldn't be covered, unless it was cracked due to owner error ( not accusing, just stating )
OP should maybe be prepared for that, I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers try to deny warranty work for this ;-)

I'm going to a rollover car wash today, it doesn't rain much here so far no leaks but it'll be interesting to see how it handles high pressure washing.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think it's cracked hopefully I can get some time to get it checked out but it's strange didn't do it last time it rained and I haven't had the top off since, someone did sideswipe me while I was parked but It wasent bad he hit the step mostly it possible the vibration from the hit maby cracked it

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The water has to be coming from somewhere, and I doubt it's pooling on top.
I agree but since it's only doing it when I break hard I'm thinking it's getting in and pooling under the weather striping

·
Registered
830 Posts
If it does it shouldn't be capable of holding much.. Should be able to eliminate the top having water inside easy enough.

I've heard that people often have trouble getting the freedom panels installed correctly. Might be helpful to lubricate the seals with silicone grease (di-electric grease should be suitable) so the seals don't bind up and everything settles into proper position.. in theory. I haven't had mine off yet so can't help much further on that ;-)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it does it shouldn't be capable of holding much.. Should be able to eliminate the top having water inside easy enough.

I've heard that people often have trouble getting the freedom panels installed correctly. Might be helpful to lubricate the seals with silicone grease (di-electric grease should be suitable) so the seals don't bind up and everything settles into proper position.. in theory. I haven't had mine off yet so can't help much further on that ;-)
That can't hurt I'll give that a shot Ty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts