Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about repairing a freedom top panel? I just noticed a small chip missing from the corner of the front driver side panel. This is the corner where all 3 panels meet. From what I can see, It is mostly cosmetic, as the inner portion is unharmed, however it does not have the nice clean shape of that corner anymore, it kind of looks like a small animal took a chomp out of it.

I was contemplating a fiberglass boat repair kit- is the lid made of fiberglass? And if that is the fix, what is the right color match paint for the freedom black color?

Thanks for any insight here.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes- any epoxy will work, I do believe it's fiberglass based (could be wrong)

My buddy used epoxy to fix his rear corner on is hard top, painted black and you don't notice at all :)

Wow, that sounds like an easy fix. How do you 'mold" the epoxy? Or am I thinking of the wrong thing? I am thinking of the stuff where you mix one tube of one thing and one tube of another and get a gel like substance?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
gluestick said:
Wow, that sounds like an easy fix. How do you 'mold" the epoxy? Or am I thinking of the wrong thing? I am thinking of the stuff where you mix one tube of one thing and one tube of another and get a gel like substance?
Yep. Thats it

We have some at work, you have to pull out this plastic separator thing and work the two sides together. Some heat and that s*** is as hard as a rock :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts