Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new Wrangler's Freedom Tops off the other day for the first time.... and stored them as instructed in the Mopar Freedom Top bag that came with my unit.

The Mopar storage bag has a 'thin' felt-like divider to keep the two panels from rubbing against each other.... but it is VERY THIN.

So... I stored the tops in the bag, and went for an hour-long drive on mostly smooth backroad blacktop surfaces.

Even though I stored the panels 'vertically' and strapped tightly around the rear seat (Wrangler JK 2 Door) headrests as instructed, I could hear an incessant 'clattering' of the tops going down the road.

No damage done... and I am not sure if it was the tops banging against each other.... or maybe the front 'buckle style' latches jiggling around? Although, I did move them into the 'closed' position before bagging them up.

In any event, I am wondering if there is a bag that is BETTER than the OEM Mopar bag for the Freedom Tops, that is better padded, more secure, and quieter?

I came across this which looks much more padded.... what do you think? Also would like any other opinions. Thanks everyone.

All Things Jeep - Freedom Top Panel Storage Bag for Jeep Wrangler JK 2007-2017 in Black by Rampage

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think we will find any reason to spend more money on our jeeps. I wouldn't waste 80 bucks on a new bag. If it bothers you that much get a piece of foam and insert inbetween the panels that should quiet them down and save you at least 75 bucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts