Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's up for some extreme crawling... freestyle on the rocks!
This will be in Oro Grande I'm thinking July 28th or 29th...I'd prefer the 29th
You'll need 2 lockers at least 35" and lots of armor.... if you care about those kinds of things....
Come on guys let's see what you've got...
This place is all new and all rock!
I'll be posting this on a couple of other forums also :thumb:

This place can be extremely challenging.... so if you've been wanting something to challenge your rock crawling skills then here it is..

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any pix of that place? Can a lunch box XJ make that trip?
Well....there's a trail system that runs throughout the entire area that you could enjoy...but we'll be hitting huge rocks and cut some wild.... all on rock trails....out there this time...
Even 37" are gonna feel small on this trip...

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well....there's a trail system that runs throughout the entire area that you could enjoy...but we'll be hitting huge rocks and cut some wild.... all on rock trails....out there this time...
Even 37" are gonna feel small on this trip...
I'm talking with a couple of my buddies with big jeeps to come out with me so I can get deeper into the rocks to cut some awesome trails....should be a great day...
Mark and I explored this new area last Monday and my imagination ran wild out there....its not going to be easy to go on vacation and no think about crawling this place...

·
Registered
493 Posts
If wife's working I'm definently in.....I'm down to put it on its side....
And if someone has triple AAA platinum or flat bed trailer....

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lets see pics of this place!
I'll try bud...
This place is a lot like Cougar Butts but the rocks are tighter and the land is both flat and has canyons.... O and did I mention that its all virgin!
Well Mark and I put a few tire marks along with some diff marks too:punk:

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
I'll try bud...
This place is a lot like Cougar Butts but the rocks are tighter and the land is both flat and has canyons.... O and did I mention that its all virgin!
Well Mark and I put a few tire marks along with some diff parks too:punk:
Ill be keeping an eye on this thread :thumb: sounds like some fun wheelin.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
2 trips already and already almost had it on its side 2 times and on its back 1....so I'm pretty sure its inevitable lol.....I will try and keep a smart line right side up but things go wrong....
Note to self: Do not follow this Jeep's line at Meet & Greet :eek: Also, if husband does follow, there's a good chance he will sleep in his Jeep :whistling: :rofl:

But I will gladly take all the pictures you like :thumb:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Freestyle, is the perfect name for this place. From mild to wild it's all up to you. Besides wanting bigger tires, I'd like to replace my banged up tranny crossmember with the poison spyder one and update my stock t.c. skid. I'm pretty happy with my motor and tranny skid. I'm not sure if I'm going, but I know I'd like to be there, just not sure I want to be there with my jeep. Jusr remember, if your gonna follow Steve, TMATB(the more armor the better). Mark

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well just welded u a artec truss, track bar bracket and sway bar mounts on Scottsdale ride today so it should be SOLID and ready to go...doing my truss next week and did a winch today so should be ready to go....

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm happy to see that there has been some interest in this trip while I was gone....
I beat the ol jeep up pretty good on some sweet trails up in the Sierra's (God it was fun) this past week so I spent the morning working on it and will be ordering some parts in the morning.... so hopefully I'll have the ol boy up and running for another round of abuse from Ore Grande.... keep in mind guys there's more WILD in Ore Grande then mild..

SteveO!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts