Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my (stock) XJ I've almost always run BFG All-Terrains (235/75r15). For me, they've handled driving home in blizzards and ice well and have a long lifespan. They also provided excellent stability when cornering at speed - I rather have a stiff ride than no support under load.

Picking up a JKU shortly, the P rated GY Wrangler SR-As worry me, and BFG doesn't seem to make the T/As in 255/75r17. Is there a size that would work nicely stock on the JK, or an alternate tire that would be comparable to what I love about the BFG?

·
Registered
16 Posts
BFG k/o's come in 245/70/17, and 265/70/17.. I'd go to local tire shop and get them to put both sizes on there and see what fits best. I have a 3.5" lift and run 315/70/17 on it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Have 31x12.5r17 AT2's on my TJ off the lot, didn't notice the BFG spare until a week or two after. Can't compare but no problems in the rain, and they get me through the local mud pretty solid, almost on par with the guys who have MTs that I wheel with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts