Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

From NJ to Moab

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Hp609 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I saw a Moab post on here and it got me thinking. I talked to my buddy and we both starting talking about doing a trip to Moab. Don't know when well be able to go for a while after this summer, I've been waiting to get a new ship date for the CG since i had shoulder surgery a few months ago so hopefully ill be in by late june. Any way, is anyone going to go wheeling at Moab on the weekends after April 4th? We are trying to work out a weekend after that to get out there. This would be my first time out there and I was hoping to maybe hook up with a group out there. I know its still early but id rather start planning now than later.
Would be trailering my jeep up with my buddys truck as long as I can find a trailer to rent from someone local. I figure leave on thursday, wheel sat/sun, then head home. Any suggestions? Am i crazy? I think I am but I always wanted to get out there!
Thanks!

#2 ·
Bump. Or any advice on Moab regarding to any passes that need to be bought?
Thanks

#3 ·
No passes are needed unless you go to Aches NP to look around. The rest is public land. Stop in to the Visitor Center in the middle of town for a good TOPO map and tourist info.
We drove there last June as turnaround point of a two week road trip. Toured the 72oz Amarillo Steak, Breaking Bad locations, Gand Canyon, Monument Valley, Moab, and then returned through Colorado. 4000 miles of JKU FUN.

#4 ·
Yewwww thats a long trip! Thanks for the info. Planning on going the weekend of the 16th.

#6 ·
Thanks for the link very helpful!

#7 ·
Ive been reading a lot of threads about going to moab. Im looking for a group or someone to meet up with prior but I read that people meet at the mcdonalds or market? in the morning so worse case is i go solo and try to meet up with someone. Definitely want to do Posion Spyder and Hells Revenge but idk if ill be able to do that solo. Ill have a friend with me and the trailer vehicle is a f150. Will have 2 days of wheeling, possibly 3. Need to get some spare parts!

#9 ·
I don't think i can do june but if plans change I will let you know thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.