Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Any new updates w/ this build?

Not much really.

Still happy with AEV 2.5" ride, won't be doing any kind of suspension upgrades in the nearest future.
Ridge Grapplers have been perfect both on and off road.

Now I'm looking for the small 13ft fiberglass camping trailer (such as Scamp/Boler/Burro), so most likely my next upgrade will be the big brake kit and 7-pin trailer harness.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow. Looks great. Had me cracking up as I scrolled down because I just got my first Jeep and I can see already how this upgrading/modding is an easy addiction to acquire

·
Registered
260 Posts
Had a similar SmittyBilt tailgate table and the same stove. lol
Great build.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks!

I did a complete axle swap to a Rubi Dana 44 takeoffs with original e-lockers.

OEM swaybar disco install was super easy, literally took less than 30 min, four bolts and two nuts. I replaced electric actuator with manual knob from EVO MFG and it works great.
This is the mod that I highly suggest to everyone, huge increase in the off-road capabilities.
Hmmm might have to look into fitting the Rubi disco setup. Would it really be that easy to install on a factory sport with manual knob setup?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hmmm might have to look into fitting the Rubi disco setup. Would it really be that easy to install on a factory sport with manual knob setup?
Absolutely. Direct swap, nothing to mess with.
Increasing in off road performance is huge, I'd say that overall capability gain is comparable to adding the locker.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Some flex test:

So far I'm totally happy with AEV lift + Ridge Grappler combo. Rides as great both on and off road
So you put the Dana 44 front in right? Do you need the rubi transfer case also to put the Dana 44 front end in or will it mate to the sports 3.73. Thanks yours looks and stands great!!:worthy:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So you put the Dana 44 front in right? Do you need the rubi transfer case also to put the Dana 44 front end in or will it mate to the sports 3.73. Thanks yours looks and stands great!!:worthy:
Yes, I swapped both axles for a Rubi Dana 44 takeoffs.

There is no need for the rubi t-case. Dana 44 fits Sport just fine, direct bolt on.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Haven't been posting here for awhile. The recent addition to my never ending build is a Redarc Tow-Pro Liberty brake controller:

Like the clean look and simplicity. Installation is not hard in general, but since I'm a huge fan of clean factory-like look, it took me some time to figure out the best and the cleanest way to run the wires :)

Just tested it with my off road trailer and it works great, braking is smooth and powerful.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts