Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I was testing my yj's 4x4 today and the 4wd indicator was working but the front wasnt locking so thought it would be a vacuum problem so i checked my vacuum lines and everything was ok so decided to pop the fork cover and found that mostly everything was working but the fork was loose so is that normal or it should be tight?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You need to jack the front and see if it is moving the fork when it iis running. Then check the lock by rotating the front tires by hand and watch the driveshaft. You will have reinstall the CAD fork and housing. If it is not working there are alternatives to a posi lock in the stickies on this page above.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are like hit and miss so i will try the spring mod but I've been told that it will make steering a little heavy while turning the jeep.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You will notice it at low speed in parking lots. MPG loss is minimal most report 1 MPG loss at best.
The only other issue is the front driveshafts weren't balanced at the factory so if it vibes may have to go to local driveine shop usually <$75.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess i will do it after installing my new 33's and aligned my front wheels .
Mileage isn't a big deal its a jeep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts