Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the front adjustable track bars. Rough Country appears to have the same features of the Teraflex at half the cost. Anybody have experience with both or thoughts on which to choose?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Teraflex is top quality. Rough Country will do the trick if you don't plan on beating on your jeep.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If you're considering the Teraflex I would also suggest checking out the yeti adjustable track bar that's out. Just came out so I'm not sure of its availability but it's worth consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both rough country and the Teraflex are forged track bars. Both tracks bars are 1 1/4 think and adjustable in the same way. Teraflex weighs 18 pounds and the Rough Country weighs in 16 pounds.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Both rough country and the Teraflex are forged track bars. Both tracks bars are 1 1/4 think and adjustable in the same way. Teraflex weighs 18 pounds and the Rough Country weighs in 16 pounds.
its a copy of the teraflex, and where did the 2lbs go? with the rough country??? this only points to lighter cheaper steel that the track bar was made of OP you get what you pay for, I have the teraflex and I love it front and back

watch this lol its not the track bar but t hey explain the things they make and the others that copy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t3SkhvIB_E

·
Vendor
739 Posts
We are releasing for preorders and shipping June 20th our YETI XD Trackbar. The strongest trackbar ever manufactured for the JK Jeep. Weight is 28 pounds of strength.
Compliant

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
Looking at the front adjustable track bars. Rough Country appears to have the same features of the Teraflex at half the cost. Anybody have experience with both or thoughts on which to choose?
Rough Country has 2 adjustable track bars which you probably know. The forged track bar is a no joke heavy piece I have no doubt will take some serious abuse. I run a Synergy on my Jeep and if I had to bet which one was stronger I would put money on the RC. It will get bashed by people who have never seen it or compared it next to other forged bars because it's RC and RC in most cases deserves their reputation but if I put this on a table and didn't tell you who made it you would think it was an awesome part similar to Teraflex.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
We are releasing for preorders and shipping June 20th our YETI XD Trackbar. The strongest trackbar ever manufactured for the JK Jeep. Weight is 28 pounds of strength.
Compliant
Do I need the track bar bracket as well? That's another $140 added to the cost.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Teraflex stuff is generally way overpriced. I like some of their parts, but they think they are so far above and beyond the competition it's sickening,
that said, the RC track bars are nice, hd parts and I would not be afraid of them at all.
If I was in the market for a track bar, I would save a few more weeks and pick up the track bar from SteerSmarts.
Their stuff is top quality, and they don't continually run their mouths about how every other manufacturers parts are junk. :lmao:

Reactions: deepbluerubi

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I'm not familiar with the RC TB, I have the TF. However, just looking at some pics of the RC, it seems like it doesn't have a sleeve adjustment like the TF does. Which says to me, to be able to adjust the RC you would need to take one end off to make an adjustment, then remount it, check to see how your axle sits, wash, rinse, repeat, which would seem rather inconvenient for adjusting to re-centering your axle.

I could be wrong, so maybe someone else could chime in and confirm.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Teraflex stuff is generally way overpriced. I like some of their parts, but they think they are so far above and beyond the competition it's sickening,
that said, the RC track bars are nice, hd parts and I would not be afraid of them at all.
If I was in the market for a track bar, I would save a few more weeks and pick up the track bar from SteerSmarts.
Their stuff is top quality, and they don't continually run their mouths about how every other manufacturers parts are junk. :lmao:
I like SteerSmarts, their parts seem well engineered and well built. I also agree on the TF stuff generally being over priced, but so does the SteerSmarts stuff tend to be on the upper price ranges.

What's this SteerSmarts new TB going to run?

I honestly have no idea, but if I had to take a guess based on other comparable parts. RC=$130, TF=$250. Then that should put the SteerSmarts into the $400-$500 range?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I like SteerSmarts, their parts seem well engineered and well built. I also agree on the TF stuff generally being over priced, but so does the SteerSmarts stuff tend to be on the upper price ranges.

I honestly have no idea, but if I had to take a guess based on other comparable parts. RC=$130, TF=$250. Then that should put the SteerSmarts into the $400-$500 range?

$200 ish LOL

If you factor out shipping/handling their prices are actually pretty good. Drag link is pricey but tie rod is less then some others .. that i don't understand LOL
But for what goes in to their products ie engineering/testing, prices are decent. Not super cheap, not overly expensive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
729 Posts

240 for the yeti
Steersmarts is well worth the money, have their tie rod and highsteer on order

As far as the 2 the op mentioned, RC way to go. RC has been stepping up their game the last little while, at least the parts I've delt with.
Pretty much every suspension part on my jeep is teraflex and it's gone for a crap after 2 short years. I'm so displeased with their products and customer service

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

240 for the yeti
Steersmarts is well worth the money, have their tie rod and highsteer on order

As far as the 2 the op mentioned, RC way to go. RC has been stepping up their game the last little while, at least the parts I've delt with.
Pretty much every suspension part on my jeep is teraflex and it's gone for a crap after 2 short years. I'm so displeased with their products and customer service

Right about RC, new track bar bracket looks pretty good. Overall they are coming out with better parts from what i see.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I can't speak to the RC, I don't have one. I do have the TF and its stout. I run 35 Ridge Grapplers, with my wheels, the weight on each corner is roughly 100 lbs. Before the TF the Jeep was loose and frankly scary to drive. After putting on the TF it was solid and feels dialed in. You can't go wrong with the TF. For the record, this is the only TF part I have.

2015 JKUR

·
Registered
729 Posts
Right about RC, new track bar bracket looks pretty good. Overall they are coming out with better parts from what i see.

I'm running RC's front track bar bracket, and it is nicely made. Welds are good and nicely coated
I really like steersmarts design on theirs, having the stabilizer mount off to the side of it. RC mounts theirs like everyone else and the stabilizer is tight to the yeti tie rod at full lock

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't agree with calling out other manufacturers parts as junk. I have a tendency not to purchase your products.

The RC track bar is sleeve adjustable mount both sides and make your adjustments. No need to remove one side to adjust.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts