Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I had read here once that the front air deflectors like Mopar.com eStore - Find a Item help with deflecting rocks from hitting the windshield, but I can't find the post(s) now. Am I just remembering wrong? Thought it was something to do with the airflow caused by them. If they work/help I'm thinking of getting one after picking up two small pits (not really a "chip", definitely not a crack) on the highway the other night (less than 500mi. on the vehicle :banghead:).

·
Registered
34,443 Posts
They do not stop any thing from hitting your windshield. But they do look good on the Jeep and protect from rock chips on the lip of your hood only.

·
Registered
621 Posts
any thing helps! i had the MOPAR one installed at pick up. i drive 25 miles one way to work. i just try to stay way behind coal trucks etc. i think the mopar one looks best out of the bunch.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy. Well, I might eventually get one then, but sounds like it's fairly useless at helping with the windshield. I'll have to stay back farther. One of the pits I was about 150-200 feet back from a Semi that was passing another and he kicked up a couple small rocks. Guess with the move to a higher sitting vehicle I need to learn to stay back farther lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts