Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2013 JKU and I'm was wondering is the axles from a Rubi D44 better then the stock ones that came with mine. And if so how and why and is it worth the money to get them installed.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Looks to me like you have a sport, right?

From what I've read, the rubicon:

Rear d44 axles are 32 spline (stronger) instead of 30
Front d44 is really just a d44 center section, ring and pinion. The rest is essentially d30
Has lockers front and rear

For more info, Google rubicon d44 vs sport d44 and read everything :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looks to me like you have a sport, right?

From what I've read, the rubicon:

Rear d44 axles are 32 spline (stronger) instead of 30
From d44 is really just a d44 center section, ring and pinion. The rest is essentially d30
Has lockers front and rear

For more info, Google rubicon d44 vs sport d44 and read everything :)
I wouldnt just breeze through the difference on the d44 front by saying "just the center section". Thats actually the most important part. The rubi 44 has a larger r & p as well as larger ujoints and axle shafts (30 spline) as oppossed to 27 spiline on the dana 30. The most common breakage on d30 axles are the little ujoint caps backing out and breaking the ears on the shafts. With the larger d44 ujoints (5-7166x) especially if run with full circle clips decrease the chance of that happening exponetially. The other more common breakage is the chipping of the teeth on the ring, pinion and spider gears on the dana 30. The rubi 44 uses a larger r & p as well as a pretty stout locker in terms of strength although it does have issues when it comes to engaging and disengaging as they age and rack up miles. Both axles should definately have gussets welded on the axle c's. Aside from that bending and breaking of the actual housings is very rare and talked about way too much on forums. If you are that worried about it burn a truss on or external sleeves which im currently looking into because it increases the od of the housing. The only difference on aftermarket d44s as oppossed to rubi 44s are beefed up housings, caster correction and an option to run a larger 35 inner spline shaft. The ujoints and r & p are the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts