Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some feedback here- 2016 Rubicon. All in the 1st year- 1st my transfer case needed replacing 3 months in, PCV valve and same front driver axle seal replaced 3x. Pinion seal leaking- told by one dealer I need a whole new front axle as my 35" tires, 2" budget boost and my off-road driving put undo stress on the axle. Another dealer replaced crush collar, pinion seal and bearings and was good to go. Can improper re-assembly from previous repairs be the possible cause of the bearings, crush collar and pinion seal leak? Dealer trying to blame it on off road use.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Dealer is full of male bovine excrement. Unless you drive off road with a lot of skinny pedal, it's not your off road driving.

It's easy to tear a front axle seal, they are right next to the carrier bearings inside the tube. I'll bet the monkey at the dealer just jammed the axles back into place.

As far as the pinion bearing, improper assembly (not setting preload correctly) would take out the bearing, seal and crush sleeve. At 2", you shouldn't have mucked up the pinion angle enough to cause that type of damage.

35's can cause issues but it's not usually a pinion problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts