Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, a friend was saving to upgrade his front end after moving to 35's. He was involved in a wreck, the other drivers fault. Messed up the axle and a few small things. Would it be "wrong" to have the shop replace it with the one he was saving for? He's been going to this shop for 20 years and good friends with the guy. The shop owner said he would do it, no problem. Would it be morally wrong, what are your thoughts?
I suggested do it, I mean I'm going to hell anyway, but not for this. Haha.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
if the insurance agreed to pay $X and the shop will do the upgrade for that same $X, then sure, do it.. But, if there is some kind of shenanigans going on to claim that to replace the original will cost what the upgraded one costs, then this would not be moral or honest.. In addition to worrying about going to Hell, you also have to worry about Karma.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd do it. I did it with my exhaust on my Charger SRT8 when I got rear ended, only thing was the after market one was cheaper than the OEM one by about $600.00, didn't tell the insurance co that though and pocketed the difference.

Reserve me a seat if you get there before I do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts