Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other jeeps would have the HP Dana 30 in them? Just complete bolt in.. already found my 8.8 just trying to get some prices for this D30? or would i be better off looking for a front 44, only planning on running 33's

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,104 Posts
Just upgrade the shafts... You'll be fine with the D30 on 33s... Still possible to break and axle but if you aren't doing anything crazy you should be ok.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well wanted to go with a HP d30 for driveline purposes, and plan on throwing the new D30 and my 8.8 in at the same time so i dont have to mess with regearing under the jeep again

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,104 Posts
:whistling:I guess I should have paid better attention!

·
Administrator
12,609 Posts
approx 1994 to 1999 xj cherokee's had the HP 30 without the axle disconnect.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
What the person above said.. One of those is what you want if your looking to do a HP30 swap

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i suppose the disconnect isnt really a problem can always remove it and put a normal shaft in it, did that on the 92 wrangler we had but i guess the hunt begins

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
are those super d30 kits really worth the $700 they want for them?
Running 33's? Hmm maybe if your rock crawling or doing anything that would put more then normal stress while offroad on the axle shafts. Otherwise since your only running 33's then no not worth it

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
91-99/00ish were HPs the 96+ had the TJ sized U-joints. for 33s you don't need a super kit just a good set of alloys and you'll be fine

·
Registered
316 Posts
i have a hp30 that i am about to put in myself

with doing this swap are there any changes that need to be made?
the control arm length (right now i have fixed length arms) 4" lift

driveshaft length?
thanks again

·
Registered
316 Posts
very nice
in my head the height of the output of the housing seems like it would be closer

can't wait to get that in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts