Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I was in a wreck that all told did over 13k worth of damage. I fought for it to be totalled but that's an entire different post I could make.
It required a new front axel. In the past 2-3 months there has been a vibration and a deep growl sound from underneath which is even more pronounced in reverse as well as going up an incline. It seemed to worsen after using 4wd with more frequency. It was just dropped off at the dealer today. But I get a feeling they are going to buck fixing it. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts as to why I would be having this and if it is infact related to the damage

·
Registered
511 Posts
until you know what is wrong with it, its impossible to say.

If it IS potentially deemed as from the accident, simply go to your insurance and they will amend the claim. There MAY be a statute of limitations on it, but within 12 months, I would say you would be ok. Also the shop doing the work SHOULD have warrantied the work for a period, my guess is at least 12 months.

Let us know what the dealer finds wrong and I am sure people can go from there.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the reply. The dealership did all the work in their shop. The body work was excellent and this isn't a thread for me to bash my shop. The jeep took on a ton of damage underneath so I expected some issues after repairs. They just weren't as excited to hear from me once I told them I've began to have issues. My 4 wheel drive linkage went out as well Friday, I am hopeful they fix that while in as well. But I do not believe that will be considered wreck related. I found a post associated with fixing that yourself. I agree it's pretty impossible to really know, but thought it was worth posting because there is a wealth of knowledge on here and my thought is I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
511 Posts
As soon as you find out what is making noise report back and you will get some advice on whether it may be related to the wreck or not.

If its internal to the axle, which you say was replaced, I cant see THAT being caused by the wreck, but an internal issue that the dealer should take care of under a parts/work warranty

If its something that WASNT replaced, like maybe the transfer case, then you may need to get back with the insurance. Im just spit balling here, but if the front end took a hard enough hit to need a new axle I am guessing the transfer case got a pretty big whack as well and, while not showing exterior damage, may have destroyed some bearings inside which are just now starting to make noise and cause issues. Again, thats just me spitballing without knowing the entire story.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This issue ended up being a broken motor mount which makes sense. There was also a bad module, however the person that called me wasn't sure what module. The insurance is going to cover those two issues under the past repairs. They also stated my 4 wheel drive cable is broken, the manager said "the cable itself" I still think it may be where the linkage attaches to the post below the shifter in the console. I plan to look into that myself. More issues they found - a "sticking" shock - TF 9550 (from 2.5" lift) I don't think I'm concerned with that in the immediate short term. A transmission line leak that confuses me because I have seen no sign of leaking
A module that controls my power locks that is $1,000 no thanks I'll just take the doors off!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.