Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad bought a 2014 ram 1500 with a 40/20/40 split front seat bench, the outer seats move a and recline, where as the center is stationary and the back fold down to reveal a center console. Anyone know of a similar fron bench that would work in a wrangler?

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you really wanted to do it I would suggest looking at single cab compact truck benches. I'd imagine it would be difficult to do though because of the location of the emergency brake. Plus, even if you did have a bench seat, would there really be enough room to fit 3 people on it? I just don't think it would be worth the trouble. I'd still love to see you do it. It would definitely be unique.

I know the cj3b had a front bench seat option. It's very rare though.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I believe you could option a 60/40 bench seat for both the CJ5 and 7 all the way up to '77 or '78. I have seen these. They werent anything too special. AMC used the stock seat mounts and just continued the passenger seat over a bit with a few more brackets underneath for stability. They were flat type seats, not buckets like we currently have.
Years ago there was a guy in our club who installed a bench in his TJ. He did it so they could have their son belted in between himself and his wife... no rear seat. I think it was a bench from a Ford Ranger... pretty sure about that. He said it was a pretty direct bolt in. Flipped forward too. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Subscribed.
I miss my old pickups bench seat. My wife liked to snug up against me on little road trips.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly the thought process I had in mind, until my wife forces me into having another kid. Lol. I didn't even consider the placement of the parking brake. Maybe this would be better suited for a yj or older. I will keep this in mind when purchasing my next jeep. Thanks for he input.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Actually, I remember "installing" a rear middle seat belt, for my son (six at the time, and about as wide a king size candy bar) for when people would come visit me in hawaii and they didn't have a car.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Its the snuggling that will lead to another kid. Stay with the bucket seats if you don't want any more kids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts