Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my front brakes are squeaking and driving me nuts.:banghead: they do it while i'm driving. as soon as i put a little pressure on the brake pedal it goes away. HEEEEEELP i can't take it anymore. lol

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Sounds like the pads need replacing. There is a tab that touches the rotors when low to warn you you need new pads. Pull the pads and look at them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so my pads are good and i dont think there is a rock in it. how can i tell if the caliper is bad? and also what calipers would you suggest for running 35" tires?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i would puts some new pads in there and see if that helps. You can have almost new pads and they will still squeek if there cheap. If you put new pads in that are not the cheapest pad your car store carries and they still squeek then would start looking into a new caliper.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My passenger side brake was squeaking. Today I pulled the caliper. The pads are fine and have plenty of life. I took the bushing and rubber boots out of the caliper and cleaned them along with the entire break to remove debris. I then reinstalled the rubber boots and put new break grease in them and on the bushings. I re-assebled the brake caliper to the wheel and then greased the bolts that hold the caliper in place (they go through the caliper bushings). So far, the squeeking is gone from that brake. Cost: $2.50 for break grease.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
I then reinstalled the rubber boots and put new break grease in them and on the bushings. I re-assebled the brake caliper to the wheel and then greased the bolts that hold the caliper in place (they go through the caliper bushings). So far, the squeeking is gone from that brake. Cost: $2.50 for break grease. .
Break grease works ok but for only so long, brake grease holds up a lot longer. ;) :dance: :D

Just kidding, congrats on taking care of that problem without mortgaging the farm to do so. :punk:

·
Registered
443 Posts
My does the same thing it's sooooooooooo annoying! I brought grease tho to put on it hoping that helps my brakes have tons of meat on them so they don't need to be changed!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My passenger side brake was squeaking. Today I pulled the caliper. The pads are fine and have plenty of life. I took the bushing and rubber boots out of the caliper and cleaned them along with the entire break to remove debris. I then reinstalled the rubber boots and put new break grease in them and on the bushings. I re-assebled the brake caliper to the wheel and then greased the bolts that hold the caliper in place (they go through the caliper bushings). So far, the squeeking is gone from that brake. Cost: $2.50 for break grease.

wishing you would of took some pics on the "how to"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts