Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post pics of front bumpers and why you chose the setup you did please. I'm waffling on what I think I want and he "mega bumper thread" it's last post was 2014....help me spend my tax refund :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Poison Spyder BFH Trail Stinger. I chose this setup because the bumper is light and wouldn't weight down the front end. Don't buy this bumper unless you're ok with cutting your frame rail down a few inches and ditching the crossbar. image-1503312669.jpg

image-3967607950.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stock hard rock bumper with mopar hoop and winch plate modified to fit the smittybilt 9500 and fairlead centred and then added the Maximus 3 centering plate (most say their service and shipping was fantastic and quick. Got to Canada in 5 days). Also using an AEV plate relocation kit.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
Rugged Ridge XHD 'non winch' with high clearance end caps.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here's my Rock Slide Engineering Rigid bumper with 4" led light holes. Nice full width with excellent fit and finish.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
FMF. Stubby, maintains factory fogs, inset winch, bull bar, amazing quality, beautiful, rare.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Rugged Ridge XHD modular with hoop. Reasons: allows stock fog lights, winch, hoop, D-Rings, I'm a big fan of stubby and if I get tired of stubby I can add the sides. And even though it's "Chinese crap", it is well built

·
Registered
36 Posts
RanchHand, $650 shipped to the door. Installed myself w/ floorjack. I dont do much hardcore rock crawling so clearances weren't issues I had to think about. I go to Utah camping and offroading up there and didnt want a deer or something to annihilate the front end. Where I live I've come out to parking lots 3 different times when I had the stock bumper and seen where people pulled too far forward and connected with my Jeep, just leaving their car there with no regard at all. I tossed a ball & mount on the front for their 'convenience'

Attachments

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
RanchHand, $650 shipped to the door. Installed myself w/ floorjack. I dont do much hardcore rock crawling so clearances weren't issues I had to think about. I go to Utah camping and offroading up there and didnt want a deer or something to annihilate the front end. Where I live I've come out to parking lots 3 different times when I had the stock bumper and seen where people pulled too far forward and connected with my Jeep, just leaving their car there with no regard at all. I tossed a ball & mount on the front for their 'convenience'
Haha...like the "for their convenience"! Looks like you could go head to head with a tank, with that bumper! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Good looking front bumper. I've had my eye on this one for a while. Did you have them powder coat it?
No, I just sanded it, primed it and painted it. It's not difficult and much easier to touch up when it gets beat up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hilarious to read and very true

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
ICI Magnum Bumper. 649.00 shipped. Has winch plate that is lower than most so air still reaches the radiator. Housing for stock or aftermarket fogs and it comes with mounting for a Hi-Lift Jack.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts