Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. This has probably been addressed but I cant find it. I have a 2013 wrangler sport. I need to remove all or part of the front stock bumper to install some tow bar attachments.i need to know if the black plastic part separates from the steel part or do they come off together.I ask because i have some physical limits and don't want to get in a pickle I can't handle. I will be fabricating my own attachments for a used all terrain tow bar I got at a real bargain. Any insight on this will be much appreciated. Thanks pat.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
if you are talking about the lower air dam yes it comes off separate of the bumper. if you are talking about the plastic on the bumper itself you pull the bumper off and then you can remove the plastic cover from the steel part of the bumper. for just removing the bumper the plastic shell can stay in place. if you are talking about the little valance piece that sits between the bumper and the grill that can stay in place while you pull the bumper or you can take it off. If you take it off just drill out the little plastic retainers that look like they are held by Phillips head screws as they will just spin if trying to use a screwdriver to remove them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts