Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a heavy duty front bumper for my jeep that offers protection of my fenders and grill. I love the ARB Bull Bar and its at the top of my list. I do alot of woods 4 wheeling and have to worry about deer living out in freaking BFE. im not a shorty type bumper guy or stinger type (love the looks but want function for my type of area)

Thanks everyone for the input.

Larry

and if anyone knows of someone that sells ARB or any recommended bumper that offers a good deal please let me know.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I used to have an ARB and it was rock solid. If you're looking for a big, sturdy bumper then the ARB is it. The only thing I didn't like was the d-shackle tabs. I thought they could have been a little beefier. Other than that it's a really nice bumper.

I had mine Line-X'd:

Kitchen shot:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to have an ARB and it was rock solid. If you're looking for a big, sturdy bumper then the ARB is it. The only thing I didn't like was the d-shackle tabs. I thought they could have been a little beefier. Other than that it's a really nice bumper.

I had mine Line-X'd:

Kitchen shot:

i am sooooo jelous of your rig. do you think my 2 in lift and 32's would look ok with an ARB Bull Bar or would it look funny.

also what rocker guards are you using in that second pic. any good. cheap????

thanks

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
I think they are Olympic Revers-a-Bars but I could be wrong....

Scout, any taller and your rig wont fit in there... time for a new shop!

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
i am sooooo jelous of your rig. do you think my 2 in lift and 32's would look ok with an ARB Bull Bar or would it look funny.

also what rocker guards are you using in that second pic. any good. cheap????

thanks
Well the last pic is when I had a Skyjacker 2" BB (no BL) and 285/75/R16 tires. Pretty darn close to what you're running right now.

The side steps are SRC Smittybilt. I doubt anyone still has them but I think I remeber seeing them in the Q-Tech catalogue.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Scout, any taller and your rig wont fit in there... time for a new shop!
Ha! That's back when it was just a baby!

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Thanks bigjeep. I guess I'll have to send you another $ 20 bucks again.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Simple, how you liking the IPF's up there on the windshield?

I've heard you get a ring around the IPF's when they're on. I have the IPF's on my bumper, but wanted to add some up there too.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Simple, how you liking the IPF's up there on the windshield?

I've heard you get a ring around the IPF's when they're on. I have the IPF's on my bumper, but wanted to add some up there too.
Honestly I think I've turned them on only once - maybe twice. If I had to do it all over again I probably wouldn't have put any lights up there as it blocks your view.

I suppose if it's something you would actually use then it would be worth the sacrifice in visibility but for me it's not.

HTH

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
You can still get them on ebay

I have the SRC front and rear bumpers, I really like them.

Yep, that's them. I thought someone might still have some in stock.

·
Registered
83 Posts
if your looking for something really beefy take a glance at hanson bumpers. those are pretty sturdy lookin.

EDIT: heres a linkTJ & LJ 60" Prerunner

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I just bought an SRC front bumper and a winch (I'm still waiting on the winch to show up). If money wasn't a factor I would have liked to go with the ABS but the SRC gets the job done for much less cash.

The SRC bumper is much better than the stock unit and offers just about everything for a lower price: grill and fender protection (from deer and the trees), rock climbing clearance for the weekends and a nice home for the winch (when it ever gets here), Add some D-rings and the look is all business.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts