Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

When I have my defrost on my front windshield blowing I can only feel air coming out of the middle two vents not the two that are next to the middle vents. Is this normal?
My photo shows one of the side ones where I am pointing that I do not feel air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
I checked mine yesterday and feel the same thing. I saw an interesting thing that someone had 3D printed that picks up the air from the edges of the center section and direct it to the sides. My 2016 also had problems keeping the upper edges of the windshield snow and ice free. I am going to try my hand at making these to see if they work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds cool. Can you post your results back here?

So then, is it a fact that no flow of air comes from left and right of the central two vents? That is normal operation for the front defrost?

That would be completely disappointing then.
With 4 physical vents going across the front windshield, It leads one to believe that they should all blow air during defrost. Not just the two centre ones.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love my Jeep. It’s been my first Jeep. I just can’t understand how there is only warm air coming from the two middle front vents when set to front window defrost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts