Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just lookin under my Jeep, and noticed the front diff cover is leaking! ITs coming from around both the bottom corner bolts. All the bolts are torqued to spec, and I've never had the cover off. It doesn't even have 9000 miles on it yet. Just seems crazy.

Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
840 Posts
My '10 Sahara had some wet spots on the rear diff/axle/shock(left side). I noticed it over the summer I think.
Nothing was dripping so I can't say for sure the diff is leaking.

Is yours dripping or just looks like a damp spot??
Post a photo. I'm curious to see if it's similar to how mine looks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
With only 9000 on it, it should be a warranty issue and taken care of by the dealer. They should also check the vents to make sure there is no pressure built up causing it to leak.

I had the front resealed and the right rear shock. Rear shock was showing a little moisture and collecting dirt so it was replaced under warranty as well.
good luck.

·
Registered
840 Posts
With only 9000 on it, it should be a warranty issue and taken care of by the dealer. They should also check the vents to make sure there is no pressure built up causing it to leak.

I had the front resealed and the right rear shock. Rear shock was showing a little moisture and collecting dirt so it was replaced under warranty as well.
good luck.
How easy was it to get them to do the reseal and replace the shock?

My left rear shock was showing moisture on it, as well as the axle, but everything seemed fine so I didn't press the issue when the dealer looked at it....maybe I should go there this week.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
A guy from the local club had the same issue with his front cover and this is what they did to fix it under warrenty

·
Registered
228 Posts
How easy was it to get them to do the reseal and replace the shock?
I've had warranty work done both in Oregon and AZ and never had any problem getting things fixed or changed.
I've heard the stories to the contrary but in my case, I just made a list or pointed it out and both service departments seemed eager to fix it.

The only issue was having to go back again because, in two instances, they didn't have parts in stock.
So far I haven't experience any of the horror stories! Both of the dealers have the "5 star" rating so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I would suggest taking it in with the expectation that it would be done properly. My differential seal was really well done.

I do ask who is doing it and what their experience is. I've even mentioned that I want it done right the first time. They service adviser seemed to be okay with that!
good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My '10 Sahara had some wet spots on the rear diff/axle/shock(left side). I noticed it over the summer I think.
Nothing was dripping so I can't say for sure the diff is leaking.

Is yours dripping or just looks like a damp spot??
Post a photo. I'm curious to see if it's similar to how mine looks.
No its not dripping, its just seeping like Chrysler products always seem to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts