Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start out by saying I am so glad I got on this forum. I love it. Yall have been so helpful already.

Is it wrong to take the front doors of the jku and leave the back ones on to keep the kids in and a little more protected???

·
Registered
133 Posts
There is a vortex effect that happens when you do this, I would not recommend this because it can cause permanent hearing issues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My opinion is that there are no wrong configurations. The vehicle is extremely versatile. Just configure as it best suits you and meets your needs.

·
Registered
478 Posts
See it on the road all the time. I dont see why there would be a difference to cause a vortex effect, roll the rear windows down and have fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. I have never seen it around here. And with my 5 year old I need something. Bit of a wild man

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
It's your Jeep, do whatever the hell you want. The doors will keep them in, but I hope they are belted. As far as protection, the doors provide protection from the elements only and are not a safety device. Says so right in your manual.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I run that most of the time because I always have stuff on the back seat. Never had an issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
I do it all the time. I usually only remove the rear doors when someone is sitting there. You could buy half doors or tube doors. Like Daggo said, they are for the elements and not for protection.

Do it all the time. With a 5 year old back there, I like having a door next to him.
What wheels and tires are you running? And what is your front bumper? I like the set up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I do it all the time w/ front doors off, rear on. The wife won't let me ride naked in the rear w/ our 6 year old. Yeah, guess that doesn't sound right. But our 6 year old wants the doors off! Your jeep, run it however you want, and however you like!!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I always just take 2 doors off. Oh, wait. I drive a 2 door. Never mind.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I've done it in the past but 95% of the time all 4 doors come off. Just do what's best for you and your family situation.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I run with just the front doors off as well. The warden thinks the back is safer with doors on for our 6 yr old but the kid hates the top up and doors on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is a vortex effect that happens when you do this, I would not recommend this because it can cause permanent hearing issues.
Uh what? I do this all the time and I have no idea what you are talking about.

OP, I do front doors off and rear doors on all the time because I value my kids safety more than what others think of the 2 on 2 off look. In an accident or rollover, a full door will always be better than tube doors or nothing.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts