Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed 3 inch suspension lift, 1.25 inch body lift and motor mount lift. And now my front drive shaft is hitting my skid plate. What could be the cause of this?

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's the angle everything is at now..take the skid off, it will damage your driveshaft...the instructions for my zone lift specified not to put it back on

·
Registered
296 Posts
wethington2011 said:
Alright thanks man! I thought that's what I had todo but wanted to make sure ya know
I hear ya..I actually just asked AOR about a replacement skid for lifted TJs..he sent me a link to one but it was like $350 (ouch!) Next warm weekend I have over here I'm going to see if there's some way to just fab up the old one so it won't hit. I'll let you know if I figure anything out, kinda sucks losing the peace of mind of the skid plate up there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking I could fab somethin up to where it won't hit. Looks easy to do. Definitely a project for a nice day out. Let me know if you figure a good way out!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Which skid plate is the front driveshaft rubbing? Is it the tranny skid on an automatic TJ or the transfer case skid?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts