Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will have time tomorrow night to actually look at it, just was able to test tonight when I got home.

Passenger side Rear, Front and Fender all work correctly.

Driver side Rear works correctly, Front and Fender do not come on at all.

Where should I start?

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,970 Posts
Welcome r3con. To help us help you, take a look at the below Link and then fill out your Signature.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/a-better-way-to-get-help-in-the-yj-tech-forum-2341475.html

As for your blinker, The fender does not blink, It's just a side marker lamp. When I started on mine here's what I did, Since they are all on the same circuit off the fuse block you can rule out the fuse.

1. Check your bulbs, A Volt OHM Meter is going to be your friend. If you can't visibly verify the bulb you can either OHM it out, or swap it out with the other side.

2. Check for voltage at the socket using both the socket and a known good ground +/- 13v. If you have voltage, trace down the ground, could be the fixture, could be the groundwire at the tub. just above the headlight relay to the left of the drivers side headlight. Sand down all surfaces with an emery board or cloth, reassemble with Di-Electric grease.

3. If that doesn't solve it, There's a link at the bottom of my signature that has FSM's for almost all the years, Pick the one for your year and you'll have access to diagnostic flowcharts and wiring diagrams.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
That's a 2 filament bulb. Make sure it is in the socket correctly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check Terminal Block

If all else fails, check the wiring terminal block on the inside firewall just behind the washer fluid tank. The wire for the marker/turn signal on both sides goes through there. I have found corroded terminals in this area to be an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys, and on the passenger side my fender light does blink with the blinker, which is why I say the driver side.

Out to the garage.

·
Registered
934 Posts
As for your blinker, The fender does not blink, It's just a side marker lamp.
Ummm... My side marker lights on the fenders DO blink with turn signals.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,970 Posts
Ummm... My side marker lights on the fenders DO blink with turn signals.
They may have changed in later years, OP still hasn't posted what he is working with so I did not check, but not in '89, running lights only.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts