Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want a disconnect that I dont have to get out of the car and do anything. Flip a lever or something like that be fine.

I am seeing the best solution seems to be teraflex but the site says they want 4" backspace rims. I just bought hardrock rubi tire/wheel combo, besides its hard enough finding 4.5 back space rims much less 4. If I go with new wheels I be going to 35's anyway so wider tire which would put me back to where I assume rub they are worried about happens.

Any like it without the wheel backspace requirements?
Any alternatives?

If I could find take off parts maybe rubi e-disco would be an option with EVO manual switch but cost is way too much for new one with install etc.

Any info on this would be great.

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
Just remove the swaybar. I have been running without the front for over a year and love.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skywgn1, I am a bit of a heavy foot on the pavement. I think I would have issues in high speed maneuvers ;)

sharp turns I am sure will be real fun with bars gone ...

I still can not find a single wheel with 4" backspace 17" wheel.
Anyone have these teraflex's installed can give me some ideas on what size tire (width) and wheels to use?

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
Skywgn1, I am a bit of a heavy foot on the pavement. I think I would have issues in high speed maneuvers ;)

sharp turns I am sure will be real fun with bars gone ...

I still can not find a single wheel with 4" backspace 17" wheel.
Anyone have these teraflex's installed can give me some ideas on what size tire (width) and wheels to use?
I have the same issue. I also have a 4.5" lift with 35's. It is tuned with an exhaust and ram snorkel. The rear swaybar is plenty stiff enough to keep you on the road. I owned a 1988 Land Rover Range Rover and it came from the factory on coils and had zero sway bars. It is pretty much the same dimension and weight as the JKU. Give it a week or two on the roads and trails and I don't think you would look back.

·
Commercial Member
386 Posts
I am using the Sway Loc from ORO and have been very pleased. I have had it for about 3 years with no issues. Before my JK I had one on my LJ (for about 4 years) and I was also very happy with it. I also had a Currie Anti Rock on a TJ and I didn't like the way it felt.
Now having said all that, I think the Currie Anti Rock would be fine on a JK for everyday driving. But the Sway Loc is better both on road and off,(IMO) but it is also double the cost.

Off Road Only SwayLOC™

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kjeeper10 thanks but my lift is 2" Mopar and will be installed a bit later.

Edmond, Can you tell me what size tire and backspacing on rim you run?
My concern was that with TF you have to have 4" backspace and then if I install wider tires I get in to trouble.

What size tires and what lift have you had the SwayLoc on?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I am using the Sway Loc from ORO and have been very pleased. I have had it for about 3 years with no issues. Before my JK I had one on my LJ (for about 4 years) and I was also very happy with it. I also had a Currie Anti Rock on a TJ and I didn't like the way it felt.
Now having said all that, I think the Currie Anti Rock would be fine on a JK for everyday driving. But the Sway Loc is better both on road and off,(IMO) but it is also double the cost.

Off Road Only SwayLOC™
I have a Currie Anti Rock (front) with Hydro Assist with a 4" lift & 37's, It's a handfull on the HWY.
Pass a semi in the wind and hold on, your going to move all over the the place, major body roll.
It's great for off HWY but not so much for long trips IMO.
My Jeep is not a DD, but I do bag the hwy from to and from.
I just ordered the OSO Swayloc Front & Rear system and will be installing them in a week or two.

·
Commercial Member
386 Posts
kjeeper10 thanks but my lift is 2" Mopar and will be installed a bit later.

Edmond, Can you tell me what size tire and backspacing on rim you run?
My concern was that with TF you have to have 4" backspace and then if I install wider tires I get in to trouble.

What size tires and what lift have you had the SwayLoc on?

Thank you
Right now My JK is highly modified, 40" Nitto's , Currie RJ 60's (4" wider than stock).
But I was using the Sway Loc with stock axles, a BB, and 35" Nittos before the lift.. I was using stock Rubicon wheels

Hope that helps.
Eddie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts