Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting the AEV 2.5 inch dual sport lift and geometry brackets installed on my15 JKU Rubicon tomorrow. The stock wheels are 17 inch. The tires are I believe 32 inch. It will be a couple weeks before I have my 17 inch AEV Savegre wheels with 35 inch Duratracs installed. Is it okay to get the front wheel alignment before the new wheels and tires? Or should it be done after the new wheels and tires? Or must I do both before and after?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I am not positive....maybe the train of thought is lost?......but I do know it has to be done after the suspension components. IMO it shouldn't need to be done again switching tires...however MOST shops will "warranty" the alignment for six months...at least they do around here. FWIW I would find a shop that does have the warranty and than just take it back after the wheels and tires...if it needs it. But obviously have it done after the lift.

IDK and maybe some can explain why it would need "realigned" after tires and wheels....the suspension and axles position don't change with the tires...except height wise (maybe) and it should still be aligned...am I missing something?
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
You can easily do the alignment yourself!
+10

The alignment can be done before the new wheels and tires. They should center the steering wheel. You can do it too. It's easy. Then check the toe. Most have 1/16" to 1/8" toe in. It's easy....and actually fun.

That's all an alignment is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts